Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday~ Easy Chili con Carne



I am so excited to be participating in  "Try a New Recipe Tuesday" for the very first time!  My friend, Lisa, has been hosting over at Home to 4 Kiddos for quite some time now and I'm really eager to join in!   (EDIT: I'm also ducking in a couple of months later, in April, for a link up   to Dawn's Swap N Share at Spatulas on Parade!  Great hop idea!  I am lately hopping at Dawn's and Cynthia's for the popular In and Out of the Kitchen Hop, regularly! These are busy blogging Mommies! )

This chili recipe is so darn easy. Either dump your ingredients in a crock pot to simmer for a few hours, creating that home-y, "dinner's on" feell while doing school with the kids.
 OR stick them all in a corningware bowl  and go about your business while the microwave does the work. And yes, that's a peek into my cooking style-if I even have a cooking style. ..."Dump" and "Let the microwave do the work" are my kitchen catch phrases!

 Here goes:

Easy Chili Con Carne

1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery
1 tspn chili powder
 1 can chili beans ( 15 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes ( 14 1/2 oz)
1 cup cubed beef


But if you're in a rush after a long day of homeschooling. here are the nifty microwave instructions:
1 Combine onion, celery and chili powder in 2 qt casserole. add 1 tablespoon water.
2. Cover, microwave on high 6-8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.

For a spicier chili, add hot pepper sauce.

This recipe was in a Chili Cookbook that Santa left for me under the tree! I love it...such easy recipes My family loves their chili! I'm sorry, but I do not have a pic of this dish! So I took a picture of one IN the book Santa left me! LOL

Have a lovely day, friends and thank you for stopping in today.



Until next time,


~Chris

7 comments:

  1. I spent many years in the Southwest and this had to have been one of my favorites!

    I host a party that starts on Monday's at 7:00 p.m.Est and ends on Wednesdays, I would love it if you would share your recipe with everyone!

    The party is In and Out of the Kitchen and I am Cynthia from http:FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia,
      What an honor!
      Thanks for the request.
      I don't know if you;ll see this comment; so I am replying on your blog as well.
      Love your In and Around the Kitchen hop!
      I grabbed the badge as well.....your blog is so much fun! Love your style.
      Peace
      Chris

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good, friend! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I can't wait to see what you share this week. :-) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa..
      I love that you host this fun hop.
      It kind of keeps me "organized" too, knowing that I;ll be linking with a recipe on Tuesdays, as well as giving me an opportunity to keep up with others' great recipes.
      Take care
      Love
      Chris

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us at "IN and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party" with Feeding Big.
    Dawn co host
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn
      It was my pleasure! I am happy to get to know you, since Cynthia left a com here asking me to post at "In and Around"...
      Looking fwd to getting to know both of you ladies.
      Thx for leaving the comment so that I can get over to your blog, look around a bit and sign up to follow you!
      Peace
      Chris

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris, thanks so much for linking with my party Swap N Share Sundays. I am thrilled with my first party and turnout, hope your come back next week.
    Blessings
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.