Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cream Cheese Icing

Cream Cheese Icing!

Here are a few cakes that we've iced with this amazingly yummy frosting:

Paddy's Day 2009
Pokemon Ball  10th birthday cake
May 2010

End of season cupcakes June 2010
 

Cast party cake: "Midsummer Night's Dream" Oct 2011 
T's Civil War theme birthday Dec 2009
Cast party cake: "Hamlet"  June 2011
K's 11th birthday chess cake
May 2011
Easter dessert ~2012
Bowling theme cake Dec 2011
        


                                                         
                                                                                    TARDIS cake 2012
                                                                                    

11th birthday cake May 2011
                                                                       
Dec 2012
      All photos copyright:Campfires and Cleats

Since Lent begins tomorrow, I thought I'd share one last  "sweet" for these next 40 days in the recipe link up. We plan to make Mardi Gras cupcakes tonight for our family and for Kev's parish youth group ...of course, frosting dyed yellow, green and purple.
 I found  edible glitter  at amazon and also at Michael's for the cupcake edges. Nice touch. Tasty, too. I'll post a shot of those cupcakes tomorrow!

Here goes:

Ingredients

2 C confectioners sugar
2 ( 8 ox) package softened cream cheese
1/2 C softened butter
1 tspn vanilla

In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter.
Mix in vanilla then gradually stir confectioners sugar.
Store in refrigerator after use.
Enjoy!!
Thank you for stopping in today, friends. We are all continuing to pray here for our Holy Father and the future of our Church,  as I know you are as well.  If you are interested in yesterday's post on papal resources, please click here.


Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


      
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris




8 comments:

  1. I LOVE cream cheese frosting!

    Definitely writing this one down for the next birthday cake at our house.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in!
      Enjoy:)
      x

      Delete
  2. YUM, thanks for sharing with us at In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party.
    Dawn co host
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Dawn!
      Love your hop and the recipes there!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I can't wait to try this. I love cream cheese frosting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Lisa; it;s been a delight to meet a few new friends/bloggers at your hop and Cynthia's as well.
      Love Tuesdays
      xo

      Delete
  4. All those sweets are making me crave for cake! Yummy! I love how you designed your cakes, and I love the fact that you used cheese for the icing. I wonder how it tastes. Hmm.. Anyway, it’s good that you have the recipe below, now I’ll get the chance to do it by myself. :)

    + Aura Minaya +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aura!
      It is DELICIOUS! Come back and tell me how you like when you get a chance! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.