Thursday, February 21, 2013

~My Blog Award! ~ And Some Fun Random Stuff

                                                               
My very first blog award!
My friend,  Monique, fellow blogger and creator of  Mountain Grace,  was  also nominated 
AND she  honored me as well.
Thank you, Monique!
Hers is a blog that shines.  
Have you visited Monique's blog today? Lately?  It's  a treat!
Head on over for inspiration and beauty!

What is  the "Lebster Award" actually?
The award is given to up - and - coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 
  From what I understand, 
liebster is German for~
 "sweetest," "kindest," "nicest," "dearest," "beloved," 
"valued," "endearing," and "welcoming."

Well, imagine my delight and surprise to be labelled as such.
And to be grouped with bloggers of such high caliber, who were also nominated.


So, let's have  some fun.  
Here are the "rules" for The Liebster Award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator has posed for you.
3. Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers who have  less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions to ask the nominees.
5. Go to the page of each nominee  and tell her about her award.

So, here goes:
~11 Things About Me~

1. I love travelling! When I was young Mom and Dad took us all over the USA; hubby and I traveled much BC too ( "Before Children") I've been to 48 states in the USA, never had the pleasure of visiting North Dakota ( sorry, Roxane!) or Alaska! We've spent the past few summers traveling with the boys across the country, as well.


Glacier National Park -  July 2012

2. I've lived in NY all my life; I  think Queens is the best place to grow up!  Really.

3.  I loooooove planning birthday parties for my kids. Love it. Party planning takes over my life. Here is the most recent party we threw for Timmy's 10th! 

4. My Mom passed away 4 years ago; my Dad, 20. I miss them every day and  I write about them often.


October 3, 1943


5. I can play the piano.

6. I'm a ruthless poker player...I'm unbeatable at Texas Hold 'Em....

7. Despite my  last name, I'm only Italian by marriage;  I'm 100% Irish!  Alas, my poor kids are <sniff> only 1/2 Irish...... !    All four of my grandparents emigrated from Ireland  to NY. They endured harsh living conditions in tenements on the lower west side. They had all passed into Eternal Life by the time I was born, but I know they'd be quite proud to see that their vision of The American Dream is being lived by all of their grandchildren and great grandchildren. I take nothing for granted.

8. I love anything BBC. Merlin, Sherlock and of course, DW.

9. My husband is supportive, brilliant and fun. Even though we drive each other crazy on occasion, I love him more every day. We've been married for 16 years.

10.  Love chocolate. Love it. Anything chocolate.

11. I'm the youngest of five.


Answers to questions posed by Monique of Mountain Grace, my nominator:

1. Favorite quote~ The one on my blog header!
And one attributed to Mark Twain: "I have never let schooling interfere with my education."
2. Vacation spot~The Adirondacks in upstate NY:




3. A food I'd like to learn to cook~Fondue!
4. "I wish I knew how to~" figure skate. Really figure skate. Like Dorothy- Hammill -figure- skate! ( I did have her hair in the 70s! So did every girl in America, right?)
5. How I pamper myself~ It doesn't happen often but I love a few minutes with a hot cup of tea or coffee (depending on my  mood) and  a good book! Oh, and I think I may have mentioned that we loooooooove Doctor Who around here? An ep of The Doctor saving the universe from the Cybermen or the Daleks,  with Winston Churchill's help, is a pretty great way to unwind.
6. Fave time of year~Summer! Not much of a schedule! 
7. Fave color~ Shades of purple
8.Why I decided to begin a  blog~ In order to chronicle our family's journey and to hold myself accountable for my writing and my picture organization. Never did I anticipate meeting and becoming friends with such amazing people through the blogosphere.
9. If I could have anything for dinner tonight, what would that be? Veal! Potatoes and veggies fixed in a really fancy way alongside...
10. One thing I'd like to do  learn to do this year? Knit

                                                   Now, onto :
~Blogs that  I am honored to  nominate for this award~

Building Rocks

Call Her Happy

Catholic All Year

Fifth of Five

Homeschooling with Joy

Mommy Bares All

Peace Garden Writer

St Elizabeth Ann Seton Exchange

The Breadbox Letters

The Irish Lassie Shop

This Cross I Embrace


Readers, if there are any on this list that you have not yet visited, please do so.  Treat yourself to some inspiration and wisdom! Congratulations, bloggers, for creating spaces that are inviting, welcoming and in which you write with creativity, sensitivity and kindness!


Okay, some more fun:
Questions for my nominees:

1. Where did you grow up?
2. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
3. What is your favorite book? ( Yes, pick ONE! LOL.!Okay, really, any number of faves!)
4 Favorite movie?
5. Saint who inspires you?
6. Hobby?
7. Why did you begin your blog?
8. What's your fairy tale wedding like?
9. If you could have dinner with a-n-y-o-n-e, who would that be?
10.  Louisa May Alcott or Jane Austen?
11.  Best spot for a relaxing dinner with the family?




Well, friends,  I am now off to contact the 11 blogger-nominees and let them know how much they have brightened MY days since I have discovered their little blogging corners of the world wide web!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Thank you!


Until next time,

Have a lovely day,

~Chris









14 comments:

  1. Awesomesauce as my kids would say :) LOL..thanks for the nomination, and now do I answer those questions on my blog for you? I am so honored :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, get to work! LOL
      Well, your blogging style is just so welcoming...you ladies epitomize the Liebster award!
      Have a great night!
      Love
      Chris

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I will have to devote some time to this soon! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Laura...your blog is delightful and so inviting!
      I'm thrilled to have "discovered" you recently!
      Have a wonderful night!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful surprise!! Already my mind is abuzz with fun things to "ask and answer." Tee-hee......

    (do I really have to pick only ONE book as a fave?!!? Maybe one of my facts about me will be an admission that my whole house is literally walled with them)

    Thank you so very much. You have made my day and month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy~
      It is my honor, really...I'm thrilled to have met such creative, amazing friends through the blogosphere!
      And yes, the Q/A part of the post writing was tons of fun!

      Ok, ok, more than one book....LOL...I could list, oh, tons, if given the chance. I'm sure you could as well...that's a toughie!
      Enjoy and congratulations on creating such a beautiful, welcoming space on the WWW!
      xoxoxo
      Love
      C

      Delete
  4. Your are so welcome! I love how you traveled BC! I too traveled before kiddos, sometimes I miss those days. When I do I just look into the sweet faces of my two kids and my heart melts all over.
    I lived in NY for 5 years...I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I hear ya....those pre-kids days....:) Sometimes we miss them as well, but nothing like the littles to really see how blessed we are:)
    Where in NY, Monique?
    Thanks,
    Love
    xoxoxo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thank you so much!
    It was nice to learn more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy-
      So happy to get to know you!
      Your blog is lovely and I know I will benefit from your posts/your insight...
      See you around the blog-o-sphere:)
      xoxo
      C

      Delete
  7. Thanks, Chris! It's always so fun to hear someone likes your blog :) You put a smile on my face today, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!
      Enjoy your day, Jenna!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, Chris! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Lynda....and thanks for taking the tome to comment and stop in here....
    I just headed over to your new HSing blog..Oh my goodness, it is beautiful! Can't wait to benefit from your tips/tricks.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.