Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday~ Quiche!

Good morning, friends!  

So this quiche is ever so easy, even on a busy homeschooling day! You can definitely use a go-to pie crust recipe that's tried and true, if you have the time and ambition.  However,  I use a frozen pie crust; it's just easier most of the time!


You likely have these ingredients in the house; it'll be simple, nutritious and tasty to create this quiche. You can pair it with a zesty  salad or a bowl of pasta. I promise your family will love it and you won't have any leftovers.


Here goes:

2 tbsp butter
1 onion, minced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 C chopped fresh garlic
2 C fresh broccoli
1 ( 9 in) unbaked pie crust
1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs, beaten
 1 1/2 C milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic, broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until veg are soft. Spoon veg into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
4. Baked in preheated oven for 30 min or until center has set.


I am also linked up with Cynthia of Feeding Big for her In and Out of the Kitchen blog hop. 

Please head over to both of these recipe hops and enjoy the offerings of other bloggers as well as the hostesses' recipes!
                                    Feeding Big
ENJOY!!

See you very soon friends; thank you for stopping in!

Until next time,

~Chris

5 comments:

  1. that must be yummy i love quiche and have to make this thanks,
    found u on the hops
    www.no1food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanna Lyn!
      I just had a moment to visit your blog and left a comment there but wanted to tell you how much I appreciate that you stopped in to say hi here! What a lovely, lovely blog you have..
      See you in the blogosphere.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I homeschooled my daughter until she went to college and quiche was a "tried and true" recipe in our house. I got my original and favorite recipe from another homeschool mom! I don't think I have ever used mozzarella cheese, but will have to give it a try!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I am looking forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    I am off to pin this! Thanks again, Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia
      I can't thank you enough for hosting the In and Out of The Kitchen hop.
      Between yours and my friend, Lisa's, Try a New Recipe Hop, I am honored to have my recipes linked up.
      I have a fun dessert-y recipe for next Tuesday:)
      Thank you, Cynthia...the only thing, I need MORE TIME in the day to read the other bloggers' offerings!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Have you linked up with the Friday Flash Blog Linky Party yet? Link up your ONE best post of the week and check out other people's awesome entries. You may just get highlighted next week!

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
    http://thejennyevolution.com/category/linky-parties/friday-flash-blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.