Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Natural Disasters R Us, Etc...


Welcome, friends, to my version... 
The  (not quite ) Wordless Wednesday:
 The Weekly Scrapbook. 
I'm very happy to link up  at Do Small Things With Love.
and Create with Joy.

                      Wow, what a busy week!
The "natural disaster" reference?  I "stole" that from this super cute mug made by the director of the wonderful production in which my son had the privilege of being involved recently. 
This was the play that an historic hurricane  in Fall of 2012 
AND the  blizzard  of 2013 could not kill.....

"The show must go on!!" Indeed!

How cute is this? 
Several lines are highlighted and a perfect  illustration sums up the 
theme of this Arthur Miller classic. 
Each cast member received this lovely keepsake.

The last curtain call:
Timmy's third from left


Timmy and the director, Carrie, as well as the show's protagonist, "Joe Keller," 
 at a  gathering after the last show:

 

And, Whovians that we are, here's a little "show gift" we got for Timmy:
Do you know the episode represented by this tee? Amazing. The best.
He was thrilled. This boy loves his Doctor Who.

~Flowers that my sister, Timmy's Aunt Pat, brought to the show~
She left before I realized that I did not get a snap of her, too!
<sigh>
Well, the show is over and what a run! What kind, talented people in the theater group!
Fantastic experience.

Also this week:

~Valentine's Day~
More shots of our day and crafts from Valentine's Day week are here.
And my Lenten reflection for the Keep Love in Lent blog hop is here.

A fun day at the park a week after the blizzard:
Homeschooled kids get the whooooooole park to themselves on a school day...



~Basketball games this weekend~
One  kept score/ the other played...
There he is driving the ball in!











AND, drumroll, please!
Summing up the week in our family and in my blogging life:
My First Award: 



To say I am excited is an understatement!
What a honor.
 Truly.
Great news and very very exciting.

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you 
to Monique at Mountain Grace for nominating me!

I'm astounded to be grouped with such beautiful, dedicated bloggers!
Monique, you're a gem.
Have you been to Monique's blog today? This week? 
Click over there. It's a refreshing, beautiful treat, aptly named.
A post  around the award as well as MY nominations 
(What fun!) coming soon.
Thanks for stopping by, friends! I hope all is well with you and your family!

And although it is only Wednesday, I'm throwing  this thought out there to you...:
Please consider joining in my "Memoir Monday" blog hop...
I am linking my most  recent memoir post  here, which also includes links to the bloggers who join in this week as well....We would love to have you link up!
Thanks.


               Small Things                                                    Wordless Wednesday

Until next time,

Have a lovely day,

~Chris



8 comments:

  1. What a busy week! We are so jealous with the snow. We haven't gotten hardly any this year.
    Thanks for link back. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Monique!
      And...hey we'll switch places with you guys on the snow....we've pretty much had it at this point! Beautiful, but we;re ready for spring!
      Take care:)
      xo

      Delete
  2. You've had a very productive week! Congrats on your award!! Feel free to link up weekly at Frugal Plus.. http://www.frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill-
      Thanks SO much! And I so appreciate that you stopped in to read and comment.....
      Ok, thanks for letting me know about Frugal Plus! I will def look into it!
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining us for WW at Create With Joy - I always love catching up with you! I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Please join us this weekend for Friendship Friday! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for stopping and commenting!
      You have so many bloggers linked; how nice of you to take the time to visit all!
      God bless,
      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris,

    I love having the park all to ourselves also!! I wish ours was full of snow however!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa-
      THANKS for taking the time to com..:)
      At this point, I'll be very honest...the snow routine is getting old! LOL The novelty has truly worn off.
      Have a great night!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.