Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St Joseph, Today's Literary Picks, AND the Winner is....

                                                         
Good morning, friends and welcome to my corner of the web on this festive day!
St Joseph's Day and our Holy Father's inaugural mass......
It's pouring and freezing here in our neck of the woods but there's still much to celebrate.

                                                                  

Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires.
 Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, throughJesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiviand homage to the most loving of Fathers. 
Thanks to this site for the lovely photo and prayer.


                                                       


Here's a shot of the books we'll be reading this afternoon, under blankets and with lit candles nearby:
Oh my gosh, again with the sideways pictures!
 No matter how I flipped this, it's still not right side up!
Sorry about that!

For today~

We'll be reading a few  papal titles:

Joseph and Chico
Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI


 Lenten Picks:

Through the Eyes of John 
Paul: Tarsus to Redemption

Our St Joseph's Day staple:

And the big announcement, here on my blog, today:

The winners of these two titles for  my blogversary giveaway :


~Drumroll please~


....are these two lovely ladies:


    So, Tanya and Noreen, congratulations!

Each of these ladies won one of the above pieces of papal kid lit.

Thank you to ALL who stopped by, commented and 
entered the giveaway! 
I appreciate so very much the circle of friends that 
has grown and developed so richly within the blogosphere !

Tanya and Noreen,
 please contact me with your mailing address so I can get your winnings out to you asap.
~Thanks~

Thanks, friends, for stopping by and have a lovely day!




Until next time,



~Chris


8 comments:

  1. YAY!! Thank you Chris!! I will email you my address now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you;re so welcome, Moreen....
      Love the blogosphere for all the friendships that have bestowed!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Hope you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Allison!

      Have a good evening, friend!

      Delete
  3. I was so excited, I went and bragged a bit..on FB.. Thanks again Chris! We can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO happy to get to know you, Tanya~!!

      Have a great evening..:)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great, relaxing way to spend the feast of St. Joseph's! Hope your house is all well by now and congrats to your winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tra, for stopping in!
      xoxoxoxoox

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.