Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday~Garlic Knots and Marinara Sauce


Good morning friends!

Love a Tuesday! How fun  it is  to connect with friends through recipe link ups and in the process, swap tasty and practical recipes! If you're clicking over from one of the recipe hop link ups, welcome!

I'm sharing my hubby's recipes for garlic knots and dipping sauce.  He often does not have the time ( or ambition) to make them, but when he does, it's a treat! 


The knots
 in a piece of our wedding china set.
Love this bowl
It's part of a small set that
belonged to my hubby's mom.
Very sentimental
                            Here goes:
Dough:
3/4 C warm water
1 package active dry yeast ( 2 tspn)
1 3/4 C flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tspn salt

Sprinkle yeast on top of warm water and let it sit. Stir until it gets a bit frothy.
In a large bow, whisk flour, salt. Pour in oil, then yeast/water mixture. 
Mix to form a soft dough and then knead for 5 minutes.
Put in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set at room temp to rise.

~When dough has risen~
Set out large baking sheet. Work dough into strips about 5 in by 1 in. then into a "snake" shape; then form into a knot.

Brush with :
Garlic butter mixture:
5 tbsp butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp salt
Place in oven preheated to 400 for 12-15 min


Here's the absolutely delish dip~

Marinara sauce:
2 tbsp olive oil
3 close garlic, minced
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion ( or onion powder)

Saute garlic, stir in tomatoes, followed by other ingredients. simmer for 40 min. We hope you LOVE the knots and sauce!


I'm  happy to link up with my friends who host these awesome blog hops...
Please head over to  Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos  for the Try a New Recipe hop 
their In and Out of the Kitchen hop. 
Please  check out their warm, inviting spots on the web, as well as the bloggers who've linked their recipes. You'll be very happy that you did!


                                              Feeding Big                                                                                               

                                                   
I'd like to share with my readers who may be clicking over for a recipe hop that I host a hop called "Memoir Monday," which I'd love you to join in!  Click here for some details as well as previous Memoir Monday posts. And please join us when you can.

Oh, one last thing~  Previously, I shared a yummy hot cocoa recipe; even though the calendar reads "March," it's still pretty darn cold....  So click over if  you'd like to check it out.
                                                
Thank you friends, for stopping in !

Have a  wonderful day! Until next time,

~Chris

8 comments:

  1. YAY Chris! Thanks so much for writing this and sharing!! I have been waiting since you mentioned it. Thanks for sharing with us at In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, So happy to be a part of it...you gals are great.
      Thx for stopping over!

      Delete
  2. This looks easy enough for us to try it. Yum! Thanks for motivating me to get into the kitchen to roll up my sleeves. I need simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for coming over Rox:)
      Have a great night.

      Delete
  3. I just got a bread machine wonder if I can make the dough in that...My family would love it:) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I wish I knew! We don;t have a brd machine...
      Good luck with it and have fun!!

      Delete
    2. I was wondering the same thing. I think you could do it on the dough cycle in your bread machine then form them and bake.

      Delete
  4. Sounds yummy. I will have to give the rolls a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.