Monday, May 27, 2013

In Honor of Memorial Day 2013


Welcome friends, to my corner of the web 
on this beautiful Memorial Day.

Our travels have brought us to places in celebration and honor
our America.
A few~



 Gettysburg National Battlefield
2011


 World War II Memorial
2009
This portion of the vast memorial honors veterans who fought in
The Pacific Theater...
where my Dad spent 4 years 
as a US Army Infantryman.





Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Arlington National Cemetery
2009




And leading contender for America's  Hall of Shame?
Montana's Little Bighorn Battlefield, reflected upon here.


Memorial  Day means something different, 
sometimes deeply personal, to each of us.
A couple of my reflections reminiscent of this day 
 in honor of  the freedoms that we may sadly, take for granted:




Thank you, friends, for stopping in.


 Until next time,

~Chris

Vintage Spring divider

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.