Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wordless Wednesday ~ The Home Run Kid





Can you believe my little sweetie hit his very first ever home run!

Saturday's game 5/4/13

You know how I'm there with the camera always?
 Capturing every little thing?
Well, the kid whacks the ball clear across the field and am I ready for a shot?
No.

Have I gotten on film his every strike out?
Yes.

Uggh.
I felt awful.
Still do, really.

Like, unable-to-sleep-the-night-of-the-game
awful-because-I-didn't-capture-his-big-moment-on-film.

What does he say to me when I go over to the dug out afterward?
Crowd still chanting?

"Mom, that one was for you!"

He's my honey.
Always, always thinking of ways to make someone else happy.
Really.

We were so thrilled for out little man.


I do have the post home run smiles in the dug out:



Look at this smile!
Beaming right?




The NEXT time he's up at bat, 
boy, 
I'll be ready!


(Baseball diamonds, anyone?)
<smile>


This quickie video is of Kev,
in his game later that afternoon
 after he bats and runs to first:




And in THIS one, Kev runs to 3rd and then home....



My Wordless Wednesdays have been word-y and baseball filled!
Tis the season....!



I am gratefully linking today to the lovely bloggers
 on my left sidebar who host WW hops.

Thank you so much, friends, for stopping in today !
I love sharing news of the sporting life!
I only wish we could sit and chat on the baseball field, too!



Have a  wonderful day!

 Until next time,

~Chris

4 comments:

  1. P.S. - Timmy is a total sweetheart "...that one was for you!", heart strings tugged!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Denice!
      He really is such a kind child.

      Thanks for stopping in, Denice!

      Love you! Feel better!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on Timmy's home run!!! How amazing, maybe you didn't catch it on camera but it is in your heart and mind forever:)!!!! Don't be so tough on yourself your son knows you are there for every single game:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.
      And thanks for that, ANna Marie... I appreciate it:)

      Have a good day, friend:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.