Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday: "FALL"





GO!
Activity versus stillness. 
Sound versus silence. 
Society versus solitude. 
I still, now for fleeting moments, still, have a measure of control over the feeling,  the rhythm of my children's days.

As Mommy to two lively boys, athletic boys, theater-loving boys, exploring boys, immersed-in-everything boys, I am forever seeking.

 Forever balancing. Forever juggling. Forever discerning. 

There's a distinct,  tangible widening between my vision of a harmonious family life and our real life day-to-day journey......

 The ebb and flow of home-comings and goings.

 The hectic pace required of us so often.....the deadlines for the schoolwork, the curriculum demands......timely arrival at rehearsals, practices and team events. 

In our journey, we're truly blessed to spend much of our life’s journey, many of our days, together. Living, learning, immersed in our shared schedules. ...

Yet, as the boys grow ever more independent, the actual time we spend together, be it involved in academic or leisure pursuits, inevitably shrinks. Maintaining a balance becomes ever more vital. And more challenging.
STOP!



                                                


Wow, stopping in only 5?
 Not easy. I am an "editor" at heart! But no can do.

Friends, I am so happy to link up today
 for the first time with Lisa Jo at Five Minute Friday!
Click over to Lisa Jo's for more!
Bloggers are linking their best 5 minutes on "Fall."

Please be sure to check out my blogoversary giveaway!
There's a stash of summer-y items plus an awesome,

 brand new Catholic book!
Go check it out!

Thank you, as always, for stopping in, dear readers!
Please click back tomorrow for my blogoversary giveaway.
Lots of fun, summer-y, pamper-y goodies.
 Plus a brand new Catholic book!

Have a lovely day!
 Until next time,

~Chris

Also gratefully linking to the Catholic Bloggers Network
Link up Blitz

13 comments:

  1. I am the mom of two boys also! I am your neighbor linking up from Lisa Jo's Five Minute Friday today. I wrote my post early this morning without the prompt...however, it is about falling into good books so I linked anyway! I pray your summer goes well with your boys. I'm off to play with ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I like your blog title! We have many campfires...and have all ready worn soccer and football cleats...boys are a blessing! Enjoy the time as it is fleeting as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer!

      Thanks for taking the time to come over and say HI.:) Loved your blog post as well...just clicked over and left you a comment.

      Emjoy time with the boys and thx for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. Chris,

    Wow! You wrote something worth reading in only 5 minutes! I would have written a whole lot of rubbish, that is if I'd written anything at all. Probably after the first two sentences I would have hopped over to FB to see what was going on, or disappeared to check my email. I tell myself doing this helps me think. I return and have another look at what I've written and write some more... It takes a lot longer than 5 minutes before I have anything even half worth sharing!

    I'm an editor at heart too. I like to go back and chop and change and polish up my writing. It would be scary sending off an unedited piece into the blogging world!

    You are involved in so many link ups and challenges. You do so well! I am very lazy and your Memoir Mondays is the only meme I have ever linked to. Talking of that, I meant to reply to your email which I was delighted to receive, as always. I haven't written any memoirs lately but I hope to continue joining in. You are probably going on your summer break soon, but later, I'll be there!

    I must reply to your long and delightful comment on my latest post. So good to see it! Thank you! I will enjoy chatting again when I do that.

    Oh look! I started writing a comment and ended up writing a letter, and it took less than 5 minutes!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **Best commenter ever award**

      Love when you stop by and say HI!

      And sue, join up at Lisa Jo's..link at top of post.Every Friday. This was my first time, after rdg many others' here and there for a few years! You CAN DO IT!! Are you kidding? Rubbish? You could write about rubbish and it would be intriguing!
      Seriously!

      Thanks Sue
      Love ya

      Delete
    2. Chris,

      **Best commenter ever award**? That made me smile!! Actually, I'm grinning... a huge grin.

      I had a look at Lisa Jo's meme. Maybe I'll join in. I'm certainly thinking about it! I wonder how long you get to consider the topic.

      It's Sunday here but it's a long weekend. We get an extra day to celebrate the Queen's birthday. I had a funny conversation with Gemma-Rose this morning about the queen and birthday cakes. I'll have to write it down before I forget it!

      I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

      God bless!

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh,yes, I can't tell you how many times "life" got in the way of jotting down something cute, profound, funny! And then you just can;t get it back later.

      You know, as for Lisa Jo's link up, I;m not really sure when she posts it. I just subscribed to her recently---Her fri post was in my inbox when I logged on Friday morning, so it seems she publishes content pretty early...not sure. But with your time difference........

      Thanks Sue...the weekend is good....busy but good!

      Thank you again for stopping in. Talk to you soon.

      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. This is great! "The hectic pace" is such a great description of life right now...and, yet, I love it! ;) Thanks for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday at Preschool Powol Packets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla, so much for stopping in and for the kind words!
      Love your Tue hop

      Delete
  5. "tangible widening between my vision of a harmonious family life and our real life day-to-day journey......"

    This rings so true. I feel like a manager these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      We're on the same page, Kathleen!
      Thank you for stopping by! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I've heard of these 5 minute Fridays, but I've never stopped by to see one. Very well done, for only 5 minutes!! Much of it rings so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi
      Thank you so much for your kind words!

      I just stopped over at YOUR blog as well and I love what you are doing over there! Amazing work.

      xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.