Monday, June 10, 2013

Memoir Monday: Base Hits, Fishing Tackle, Hoops and Heartstrings

    Good morning, friends!
Father's Day is fast approaching~



       For all Daddies who, from behind the scenes, keep their families going:
      You are a Daddy who works tirelessly for your family.
      You are a Daddy who would love nothing more than a little quiet before you are “there” for your kids, once you walk in the door after an endless day. But you know life is short and childhood is fleeting and their cries of “Daddy, guess what?” are more important than your needs.
      You are a Daddy who may, once upon a time, jointly chosen life and then ambivalently but hopefully, given this life away with the prayer that your small soul would grow up happier, better. You may wish, longingly and futilely, to now be a part of this life.
      You are a Daddy who is patient when your kids are, well, kids.
      You are single Moms who are both Mommy and Daddy to your kids. You do it all.  With grace.
      You are a Daddy who is building memories which will shine and weave themselves into the brightest of childhood snapshots for your adult children decades from now.
      You are a Daddy who is the model of Fatherhood for the future, seen in your children’s eyes. They want to grow up to be “just like Dad.” 

      You are your child’s heartstrings.


Father's Day 2008


Now, it's your turn!
Link up your memories, your reflections here, friends.

if you're interested in dusting off something from the archives.

I am not opening a new linky this week
 because  I really would like the links to stay here all in one spot. 
This way, readers can conveniently scroll down there
 and click to the inspiring posts of blogger friends who've joined in!

Please enjoy their stories.

To bloggers  who are generously  linking posts~ 
 I am most honored and grateful that you are  joining the hop.
I only ask that you grab the Memoir Monday button
 for your sidebar or your post.
Or  that you  mention my blog in your post



I am also gratefully linking this with Catholic Bloggers' Network.

And....
while you're here,
 why not click over to my blogversary giveaway, ongoing right now?!
I am blessed abundantly by my readers and I need to celebrate!
Go check it out...
You can win
lots of summer-y goodies as well as


a 7-11 gift card and an awesome Catholic book!

Have a  lovely day, friends and thank you for visiting!

 Until next time,

~Chris



14 comments:

  1. Chris, what a beautiful memory you've shared! To dads everywhere...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen, so much.:)

      I love that you stopped in to comment!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post, thank you! Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always, Rebekah, for linking!

      Heading over to your blog now...but always love when you stop in!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Elizabeth!

      Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. First time here and I'm so glad I stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in! I just visited your blog as well and I love it! Great HSing ideas and encouragement!

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely link-up. It's my first time here, and I'm happy to have seen your link post. Thank you for hosting. betty jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Betty Ho, for stopping over!
      It's nice to meet you!!

      Delete
  6. Chris,

    I enjoyed your story! "You are your child’s heartstrings." Those words finished it off perfectly. I shall remember them!

    I linked up my silly Queen's birthday post after your kind invitation. Thank you! I know it's not really a memoir so it is generous of you to include it.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just spent some time and enjoying and com on your US blog and your SEW blog too.....Love it over there,
      Are you kidding...I love it when you join in...no matter the topic...It's always wonderful, Sue!

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful, meaningful, memorable post for Father's Day! I look forward to visiting some of the other posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for stopping by and for your kind words!

      I'd love for you to join in and link a memoir!

      Nice to meet you!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.