Monday, June 10, 2013

Sprinkled, Festive Mini Birthday Cupcakes

Hello friends
 and welcome to my corner of the web!
Although I've shared a few DIY posts recently,
 it's been quite a while since I wrote a recipe post!

This recipe for festive sparkly cupcakes is really more of a how to, than a recipe!
I use already prepared food and boxed mixes some of the time...
You know how it is when you're
 preparing for a crowd at your kids' birthday parties, 
you need to minimize kitchen time!
This way I had time to add a few  decorative and special touches to the desserts,
in order to prepare a table laden with goodies for twenty or so teens!

This dessert was one of many goodies at my son's 
recent birthday party and they are oh-so-easy!
They look delightful on the platter!
Here goes:



1. Batch of cupcakes, fresh out of the oven.
As I said, boxed cake mixed.
I use pretty silver cupcake liners.
Can't see them in the picture though.


2. Frost.
I love this cream cheese recipe, which I posted here.






3. Here's  the fun part:
Get your sprinkles ready!
I use these in any color I can  find.
Cut waxpaper to the approximate size shown above.
Spread your glittery sprinkles in a line on the paper, again, as above.


4.Roll your cupcakes' edges in the sprinkles.
(no pictures of this step. sticky fingers for the camera!
The boys were off sweeping and readying the yard for the party that evening,
 about to start in just a few hours!
Lord knows I did not want to stop their productivity to catch a shot of this!)




5. Voila!
Done.
See, I told you it was easy!
Here they are arranged on a silver platter.
I  printed out my son's 
  party "theme" for each dish on the table and 
add a festive little sign to each tray.


Friends, thank you for joining me today!
I am gratefully linking to the recipe and homemaking hops on my sidebar.
Please join us at those hops for more delightful recipes and lovely creations!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.
Until next time,

~Chris

22 comments:

  1. So cute and festive!
    I would love for you to stop by and share at Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen, my weekly kid-friendly recipe linky.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2013/06/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-45-butterfly.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I headed over to link up!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I bet my kids would have a blast rolling them too! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday at Preschool Powol Packets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla!
      Love your hop ~ it's been great getting to know you through the blogosphere!

      Delete
  3. So easy and pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi!
      Thank you for stopping by...yes, they ARE easy....If I can do it, anyone can. They make the table look lovely!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Chris,

    Cream cheese frosting... That sounds delicious You have so many wonderful ideas! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, for the kind words....
      You too, friend!

      Delete
  5. How fun! Thank you for linking up and sharing on Foodie Friday at A Room for Two with a View, I know my readers will love this!

    I hope every week so I hope I'll see you often!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa!
      I so enjoy your blog!! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  6. Your cupcakes look wonderful - perfect for any celebration! Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for hosting!
      Your hop is just so inviting!

      I appreciate you coming by to say HI.:)

      Delete
  7. yummy your cupcakes sound so nice :)

    Thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire!!

      Love your CM hop as well! Thanks for hosting!!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie
      Thank YOU for hosting!
      I appreciate your time in stopping over to say HI!
      Be well!

      Delete
  9. so cute, thanks for linking up at Swap N Share Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn~
      Thanks, friend, for stopping in!
      Love your s and S Sundays!

      Be well!

      Delete
  10. So cute! I'm hosting a giveaway for $100 in throw pillows at my blog. You should swing by and enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/throw-pillow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla, for stopping in! And yes, I will head over right now. Thanks for the invit:)

      take care

      Delete
  11. These are adorable, friend! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/06/try-new-recipe-tuesday-june-18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Love your visits, always!
      xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.