Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Theme Thursday: "Dad" 6/13/13

Hi there and welcome to my little spot on the web!
 I'm so happy to link up today with 
for her super fun blog hop,
Since Father's Day is fast approaching, 
Cari's chosen the fitting theme of
"Dad."
So here's a  
shots  of my
Dad....
Manila, 1943
US Army Infantry


I write just a bit  about Dad here in this poem -ish piece,



Mom and Dad
Wedding Bells!
Oct 1943



Mom and Dad with me
College graduation day/
raging blizzard outside too!
January 1987


I write about my hubby a lot here in this space,
most recently in my Memoir Monday post~
Our wedding day~
December 28, 1996
And here are a few shots
of hubby and kids~
(and wow is it hard to choose! There are so many..
I feel as if I'm always snapping away!)

 Fourth of July parade
2008
Daddy's birthday
2009
IHOP

Just out for a fun dinner
 around Christmas time 2012

Friends, thank you for stopping in to visit and 
 joining us for Theme Thursday! 
Please click over to Cari's for more TT pictures!

And....
while you're here,
 why not click over to my blogversary giveaway, ongoing right now?!
I am blessed abundantly by my readers and I need to celebrate!
Go check it out...
You can win
lots of summer-y goodies as well as
a 7-11 gift card and an awesome Catholic book!

Until next time,

~Chris

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to go back and read all your writings about the fathers in your life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cari!

      Love your hop themes---heading over to your blog now!
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for wonderful fathers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it!
      Thanks for stopping in, Cathy!

      Delete
  3. Good tributes.... wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy!!

      Love when you stop in to visit, too!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura....Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in your life!

      Delete
  5. Chris, your wedding photo is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous couple. So great to have a chance to celebrate Dads. This is my first without mine so a little hard. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be difficult, Rox....I was thinking of you this week.
      We'll light a candle for you all in Sun at mass.

      And thanks for the kind words....love when you come over to visit!

      xoxoxoxoxoox

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.