Saturday, August 10, 2013

Adirondack Memories ~Sunrise, Our Inviting Lake and a Crackling Campfire ~ Day 1


Welcome friends, to my photojournal of our Adirondack trip this week~
I'm so happy you have joined me!

We left home at 4:45 AM and 
crossed the Throgs Neck Bridge from Queens north toward upstate 
New York about an hour later....
 The sun was peeking 
over the horizon.




 261 miles, 4 1/2 hours, and 9,000 trips ( seemingly ! ) 
to the car to load it up with camp gear, suitcases, books, games, food, etc, etc etc....
here we are!
The most perfect spot next to heaven here on Earth.

Some scenes from our first day~~~~




Another catch!
The boys ( and released ) a total of 14 fish today...actually a pretty low count,
as compared to years past!
Pike, sonnies, perch.
Tons of fun.




Finalizing the day with the campfire, smores and some downtime 
What my younger son called,
"Best first Adirondack day, ever."
Love that!



Thank you so much for joining us!
Be well and enjoy your weekend!

I hope to check in with photo updates this week as often as as possible!
How great is wifi?

Until next time, friends,

~Chris

4 comments:

  1. Oh Chris...wow, just wow! I've never been up the East Coast, but those photos are exactly how I've pictured upstate New York So beautiful!!! I was blessed to grow up spending summers in Michigan at my grandparents cottage. They bought it in the 1950s, when my dad was bout 10 years old. Sadly, the family cottage was sold as all the siblings moved away (to the central Midwest) and no one was around for the upkeep. I've got some fabulous childhood memories from that place! Looking forward to more snapshots of your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Valerie!Summers on the coast in MI sound beautiful...thanks for sharing and for stopping in to visit!

      Be well!

      Delete
  2. I have a friend who just went and loved it, thanks for all your awesome posts on the link up this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen Thank YOU for hosting FTF and welcoming so many of us to yours ( and Lisa's) lovely blogs.

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.