Thursday, August 15, 2013

Adirondack Memories: To be Here is to Know Heaven~ Wednesday and Thursday

Hi there and welcome, friends, to my Adirondack scrapbook!

For some reason...some say due to high winds yesterday, 
there was no internet or phone service...
so I've two days of photojournalling our annual week away 
in the closest spot to heaven that there is on Earth!
Hopefully, I will be able to post tomorrow; 
if not, I'll get caught up once we're back home over the weekend!

I appreciate that you've stopped by to share in our photos
 and our family memory creating during our week away!

I hope that as we reach mid August and the Feast of the Assumption, you are well....

~Wednesday~ Aug 14

 Dock fishing...catching sunnies...

Canoe-ing!







Paddleboating at dusk......
 
 A last swim in pretty icy waters as the day winds down....
Grilling ribs...yum!



Thursday~ Aug 15

After mass in the town of Lake Luzerne at Holy Infancy RC Church:

 From our deck:
view of the lake....
it's  really just a room that we have but it's still perfect!


 Building a little fort for Tootles so she can wander in the sand without getting lost...

relaxing...

And... a  highlight of the week:
Swimming to "The Stump."
There's a tree stump IN the lake, way on the other side, 
that the boys and the hubby swim to each year. 
(I take the paddleboat along so I can snap pictures!)
So here they are..in lake's middle~~~ 
Happy to have arrived at the stump~




Tonight, grilling, campfire and fireworks in town!
Picture tomorrow....
Be well and God bless!
Thank you for stopping by.

Until tomorrow, hopefully~~~ 

~Chris

8 comments:

  1. these photos have been SO LOVELY. What a gorgeous, peaceful, serene spot. What great memories you are making. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison~
      Thanks, friend....Yes it certainly is all that.

      Love your visit!

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. Looks like some "King of the Hill" going on out at that floating dock. Lovely vacation photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Valerie!
      And thanks for visiting!

      Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, friend! I hope to visit there someday. I just love all of your photos! Thanks so much for linking up with "Field Trip Friday." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate the kind words and thanks for the invit to link with FTF!
      Enjoy your time at the shore!

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Chris,

    What a beautiful place! It looks like you all had a wonderful time together. I am enjoying sharing your trip away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      THANK YOU!!
      Love your visits! Happy you could stop in, friend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.