I'm so happy you came by for a visit!
For our first day of (no) school this week,
we made the adorable pencil cake above as a little celebratory dessert.
It is SO easy and yet so fitting and festive for a treat at the end of
a long day of work, isn't it?
Here are the oh-so-easy steps.
If you would like to replicate it as a treat
for your family's new school year, you'll be all set!
Here's what you'll need:
yellow and pink food color
chocolate icing writer
edible silver glitter/confetti
1. Make your fave boxed or from-scratch yellow-ish/vanilla cake.
(We used a box! No time for frills and from scratch right now! )
2. Pour batter into greased glass loaf cake pan and follow baking instructions.
3. After the cake is baked, cooled and removed from the pan, cut the corners off of one side of the cake so that it resembles a pencil shape.
1. Make your fave vanilla from - scratch frosting or use your fave prepared frosting.
(Yup, you guess it. We used a can of frosting. I do have a terrific cream cheese icing recipe here. But I didn't want to spend too much time on fancy with this.)
2. Now separate the icing into two small bowls.
Mix yellow ( for the pencil ) into one.
Mix pink ( for the eraser) into the other.
3. Spread and have fun creating a "pencil" look!
1. Using a chocolate icing writer, ice a line between the "pencil" and the "eraser" on the cake.
2. Sprinkle edible silver confetti on top of that line of chocolate.
I don't have a photo of the confetti decorating, but you can see it on the cake below:
3. Add a touch of chocolate icing from the tube to decorate
the lead at the pencil tip, as above.
I'd love to see YOUR cakes!
Please share your creations if you do make a back-to-school cake
any celebratory dessert!
Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web!
Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
If not, just click here to
quickly and easily so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....