Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Twelve Years Later and Irrevocably Changed~ 9/11 in Photos and Quotes








9/11/01
Changed: our families, our day-to-day, our way of life.
The line between before and after.
Between then and now.
Between assumed security and acknowledged fear. 
Loved ones taken from many families we know.
The innocent: ~  downtown, running any direction  from the inferno.
Then silently, disbelievingly, wandering
 ten hours, twelve hours,  more........
 Across bridges and through tunnels, homeward bound.
 Covered with soot, shards of glass, 
horrifying images replaying in their minds.

911 touched us all .
It still does.







In the words of others:

"Our enemies have made the mistake that America’s enemies always make. 
They saw liberty and thought they saw weakness. 
And now, they see defeat." --
George W. Bush, President of the United States. 
September 11, 2001




"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, 
for the children whose worlds have been shattered, 
for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened.
 And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us,
 spoken through the ages in Psalm 23:

 "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil,
 for You are with me.” 
 George W. Bush, President of the United States,
 September 11, 2001.



"The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit.
 Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. 
We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, 
economic and religious freedom,
 the rule of law and respect for human life. 
We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom. "
--Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mayor of New York City
 December 31, 2001.



"You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy." --
Colin Powell



"Our resolve has not been weakened
 by these horrific and cowardly acts." 
Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle





As a blogger, a writer, an American, a human.........
 friends.... I beg you, 
I urge you:
Keep 9/11/01 alive.
It is our duty to spread  knowledge,  truth and  
 acts of courage and heroism on that day.

Images and messages,  even the horrific,
 must remain fresh and alive.

Evil and  terrorism will not win.

God bless all the innocents who lost their lives as well as those they leave behind.


Thank you for spending some time here in my space.
Please consider subscribing to my email feed at the top left sidebar.
I'd love to remain in touch with you regularly.

Proud to be an American,

~Chris


Photos from SeptemberLoss

14 comments:

  1. It caught my breath when I realized what today was...

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/09/wordlesswednesday-every-morninglinky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Misty...thank you so much for your kindness.
      I appreciate your visit, friend....

      Delete
  3. I was scouring through social media this morning looking at all of the 9/11 photos and attached words like pray and remember. I really wanted something more, something that would take me back to that day... Imagine my surprise when I saw this perfectly timed post in my inbox! I could actually hear President Bush and Mayor Giuliana reciting the words above while I looked at your pictures, remembering all the news coverage.
    I remember where I was that day 12 years ago, pumping gas to drive around and look at houses. My husband of less than a year and I were starting our life together while so many others were tragically ending theirs. He was stuck on the opposite side of the U.S. from me as all of the airlines came to a halt.
    Thank you for your beautiful words and taking us back for a moment to pray for those who lost so much. I too am proud to be an American and glad to be one of your readers, subscribers, and online friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace,
      Your heartfelt words made my day.......

      Thanks for sharing your memories, your heart and for your friendship.

      I am very privileged to have met such lovely people through the blogosphere, such as yourself, who have touched my life so deeply
      Thank you.

      Peace.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful post. The photos bring back so many memories of that day, the words just bring back so many more. I don't think 9/11 will ever be anything but extremely emotional, from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kristi....the emotional will always be there for us, reliving it each year.

      Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting...

      Delete
  5. Chris,

    This tragedy touched us deeply and we aren't American. I can only imagine the pain you endured and still do, through all the memories that flood back each year.

    God bless you! With love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a bond, American, or Australian....it's a tragedy for all....... You make a very good point, Sue.

      I appreciate your visit very much and the sharing of your thoughts.

      ~ Much Love, Sue~

      Delete
  6. sigh..sorry just can't type the words now... I will be back.... 8(..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these. I chose your link up as one of my favorites from the Hearts for Home blog hop and link party. You can see you're featured on my blog here: http://tipsfromatypicalmom.blogspot.com/2013/09/hearts-for-home-blog-hop-and-linky-party_19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette~
      THANK YOU so very much for the feature.
      That is SO kind of you...you made my day.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.