Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Theme Thursday "Orange" 10/17/13


Welcome, friends!
This week's Theme Thursday causes me to ponder all things
 sunsets, sunrises, campfires,
birthday cakes ablaze
and rock outcrops. 
(Don't forget I'm married to a 
geologist who's probably taken more photos of 
geologic formations than of our kids.)
Also, this season's team jersey color, this season's prominent hue 
and how perfect:
 the Wold's Most Famous bridge!
So here are all my "orange" thoughts in absolute random order.
Because really, it's more fun that way!

Side of the road in Utah 2013
This illustrates a geologic concept that we had to capture.






"The Bridge Tour!"
A walk across The Golden Gate
July 13, 2013






Sunrise over the Throgs Neck Bridge, Queens
August 11, 2013





Sunset over The Great Salt Lake
July 9 2013







St Anthony's CYO.
Hubby and both boys are in there
Oct 2013






Adirondack camping
August 2007






Hubby's birthday
October 2009





Boo!!
Halloween 2006






Halloween 2008
Dressed as Civil War soldiers





Sunset over Gettysburg Battlefield
July 2009
Right near the cope of trees where General Amistad fell.




"Balloons by Timmy the Clown"
Yup, he booked his first party this weekend....
making balloon creations at a christening!
Hey, I haven't gotten a paycheck in over 13 years.
 About time they go out to work!
Here's a video  he guest posted here on my blog with a step by step
on making balloon  dogs.
Enjoy!
                     
This past Columbus Day 2013


Sweet Dreams divider

Friends, thank you for stopping in!
For more ORANGE, please click to Cari's!


Hey, remember Small Success over at Catholic Mom??
Well, it's back!
Bloggers, get your link on and join in the linky  fun.
Let's share some encouragement, Moms!
You can link at my post right here,
or at many other spots in the Catholic Mom community!
Just link!
Your inspiration, needed!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch with you regularly!


Until next time,

~Chris






10 comments:

  1. What a delightful series of orange! I love the (apparent) randomness. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I appreciate the visit and the kind words!

      Be well!

      Delete
  2. All beautiful photos, you guys go to the greatest places! And my son is totally jealous of your son!! He also makes balloon animals and does magic, but he is yet to score his first gig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, balloons and magic! I wish they could team up! If not for those pesky 1400 miles or so! Good for him!
      We places an ad on craigslist and that's what got him hired....!Who knew?

      Thank you for visiting, Rebekah; I have to get to your blog to read your most recent posts. I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  3. I love orange so much. It's my favorite color. I love how it appears so often in our landscape. Thanks for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so agreed! The sky at dawn, dusk, etc...just gorgeous. I think it's fast becoming my fave too.

      Thanks for visiting, Cari!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures Chris! What a perfect color choice for this month :). I love Utah. My husband and I went to the biggest loser resort there and hiked all over the place! Would love to go back.
    I will have to check out that balloon animal video. My son would love to be able to do that. What a fun little project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I agree about how gorgeous UT is!! We love the west as well....so beautiful. Thx for the compliment too.

      I do think you'll enjoy the balloon video. It's rather explanatory and fun too!

      Thank you Candace, for stopping in! I appreciate your visit very much!

      Delete
  5. WHOO hubs cake is on fire;)! I am married to a geologist too:) we have something in common. We take lots of pictures of nature too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AnnMarie~
      Love your nature/field trip posts as well!

      Thanks for stopping in, friend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.