Tuesday, December 31, 2013

13 For 2013~ The Story of Our Year in Photos

Hi there and welcome!
Thanks for joining me today for 
thirteen photos that tell the story of our journey through 2013!
I'm so happy to link up today with Pam

and Dwija 

as they each host a  "13 in '13" carnival.
And how much fun was this~~~?
Reflecting back on 2013,
 gathering one photo for each month...
plus a bonus ?
Thank you, Pam, for this idea and for hosting the carnival!
Last year, I posted a
reflection of  2012 photo album,
 and as I had just begun blogging,
I wasn't  lucky enough to stumble upon a carnival of this sort.
Love this streamlined idea of one snap per month!
I think about 3 people stopped by for a look at our 2012 year in review!
...at that point, I hardly had any readers!
Lisa, Tracy and Denice ( to whom I can't link but still love dearly!)
were regulars and I LOVED their visits.
Still do.
Now?
I am so lucky at this point to have the best blog readers out there,
(joining my first few friends who stopped by!)
 and the  most amazing community of online
support, caring and generosity.
And here's a fun  compilation of
my Top 13 of 2013
and
"Mosts Posts" of 2013 
...most clicked, most commented upon, 
hardest post to write, for example...

So here are my 13 favorite shots of 2013
,some of which were blogged about here.......~

January


Gale Hawthorne and President Snow at our party,
Panem et Circenses,
and the Victory Tour Hunger Games cake 
we made to celebrate.
My little man's birthday is in December, BUT several
 events collided zapping party planning ambition......
such as ~
my country greatly disappointing me in November
AND
the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.....
gas shortage, no electric, no nothing!
So, here we are a month after his 10th and in more of a celebratory frame of mind!
February


"I suppose it all happened with the snow...."
Stealing Sam, the Snowman's, intro to my picture!
Yup, the blizzard of 2013 was way too much.
34 inches of the white stuff.
5 hours of shoveling.
If I sound terribly unhappy about all the beauty and serenity of
a winter wonderland, it's probably because you live in the south.
Ha.

March

The boys began their violin lessons in March and
 while that may not sound dramatic or exciting to some, 
it was the answer to their dreams and our prayers.
we found an amazing teacher, group rates
 and an avenue to 
our kids' creativity and growth 
that we never ever anticipated.


April

I love so many things about being Catholic, one of which
is our liturgical season celebrations.
Here, the boys made Lenten wreaths with a banner reading
"Pray," "Give Alms," "Fast."
We'll hang the wreaths again this year and I know the boys already treasure the 
crafts they've made for each Lenten season.

May
June



My little guy pitched an awesome game in June AND,
my oldest had the title role in a local production of a brand new script, 
Robin in the 'hood.

July

Wow, July and August are hard months to choose just one shot!
All our cross country "Forever West" posts are here, 
but I guess this one snap from Yosemite right before sunset sums up our journey!

August
Our annual trek to the Adirondacks?
Simply the best.
Adirondack Memories are those we treasure always.
Always.
My memory cards and photo albums 
overflow with the photos of those days.


September


 Back to school, rigor and...
our parish bbq!
Our little man is also a jester



October

A trip to the farm!

November
My little guy turns 11 in a Doctor Who themed party!
Here's our TARDIS cake...
Dalek cake and party details coming soon.


December
A very Merry Christmas morn!



Hope you know how happy I am to share with you.....
Thank you for stopping in!
As always, I appreciate the precious 
 time you've spent here at my home on the web, friends!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly!
And, thank you!
I'd love to stay in touch regularly!

Until next time,

~Chris

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Chris! Thanks for sharing so many of your beautiful 2012 memories and blessings! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tra!

      Loved your 13 in '13 as well......beautiful.

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Thanks, friend, not only for the shout-out, but for your friendship. I still love coming to visit your blog. Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how sweet, Lisa!

      Thank YOU for your friendship...

      Delete
  3. These are some pretty cool pictures. I definitely think they were worth sharing that's for sure. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have the best birthday parties! Love Dr. Who. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam!!

      Love your 13 in 13 hop...great idea and so appreciated!

      Delete
  5. It is so great to see everyone's year laid out like this. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun?!
      Loving it!

      Thanks Dwija, for stopping by and for hosting!

      Delete
  6. Hi Chris,
    What adorable boys you have. So cute - loved the pictures.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a fun way to wrap up the year. I should try that next year...btw, the photo from Yosemite really caught me because in, hm, October of 2000 we took a brief trip there and my uncle, two aunts and I got up at 4:30 in the morning to drive up and see the sunrise at that lookout point (is it called Inspiration Point? I can't remember now). We were the only people there and my uncle told me to take pictures because no one would ever believe me if I said we had the place to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! what a story!
      Aw, thanks, Kathleen!

      I appreciate your visit, friend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.