Monday, December 9, 2013

The Passion of Mary: An Untold Story of Advent ~ A Book Review

Welcome!
I'm happy that you stopped by for my review of
I was truly honored to be asked to review 
this unique 14 day devotional,
 newly released in time for our advent preparations.

written by Andrew Bowen,
in collaboration with his wife, Heather 
with whom I am blessed to be friends through the
amazing  community of Christian bloggers,
is a 'guide,' if you will, of divergent perspectives
around the historical events taking
place from the Annunciation to the Incarnation of Our Lord.
Since, as Mr Bowen relays, we have only the Gospels
of Saints Matthew and Luke as sources of information
about the exact events transpiring 2,000 years ago
 and only skeleton information at that,
one naturally ponders the specific details.
What conversations, what thoughts, what interactions
 could our Mothers and Fathers
of The Church have had?
From Mary and Joseph
to Elizabeth, Zecchariah and even the angel  Gabriel,
the possibilities are
examined and beautifully woven through Scripture.

Friends, this is an advent devotional that will immediately
become a trusted and well loved tradition in your family.
In fact, today, along with our daily
 Jesse Tree craft and readings,
 we enjoyed the introduction and the first two days
 of The Passion, despite Mr Bowen's advice to "take your time" 
with each devotion. 
This new title has, in one day, become a staple of our
advent traditions, for which I am so very grateful.
My kids and I cannot wait to continue reading, enjoying and learning tomorrow!
I highly, highly recommend this resource which will undoubtedly add depth
to your advent journey and to that of your family's for years to come.
The Passion of Mary is
available in kindle form right here on amazon
for an unbelievably low cost.
  

In closing, I must add that when I was asked to write this review
it may have initially appeared to the Bowens that I was offering a service to them
in spreading the word about their new release.
Contrarily. the grace bestowed upon me by gifting me with this opportunity
has been a true blessing.
I wish it upon all of you
as you too prepare your hearts and your homes for the birth of our Savior.
Isn't this image, 
created by Kristi of The Potter's Hand,
simply gorgeous?

 Friends, as always, I thank you for the precious time 
you've spent here at my blog.
Don't forget to sign up to receive Campfires and Cleats by email
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly!
You might also like to join us on Facebook.
Oh, and IF you are shopping at amazon this Christmas season,
would you consider clicking through my link?
Here it is:

In this way, I will receive a tiny portion of the purchase.
If YOU are an amazon affiliate, please send me
your link and I will do the same!
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris





6 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Thank you for the review. I bought a copy and can't wait to start reading.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, How exciting! I know you'll enjoy it!
      Thanks for stopping in, friend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, looks like a beautiful book, love adding new traditions to our advent that help deepen our understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah......Yes, we LOVE it...
      Always appreciate your visits!

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! I have it and love it.
    Thanks…
    xx oo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful, Em!?
      Thanks for stopping by...always love your visits.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.