Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blogging Honesty and Encouragement ~ The Sunshine Awards

Welcome, friends and thanks for stopping by for....
drumroll please....
The Sunshine Blogging Awards!
If you're lucky enough to know Nancy, then you've already read her 
hilarious Sunshine acceptance-and-bestowing-
upon-others-Award post.
If you've not had the pleasure, click here  for
 "Awards, Kisses and Uh - Oh Sharks"
and enjoy!
And if you  love Audrey Hepburn, click here for
more uniquely Shuman Humor!
But come back after visiting Nancy's.
 Because while my Sunshine post is not 
as witty or original as is Nancy's,
you'll want to stick around to  take a peek at the 
many amazing bloggers to whom I'm excited to pass this award!
(and for a glimpse of the Sunshine Award's
"top 10's" fascinating facts about yours truly.)

And trust me, I'm only fascinating by the company I keep,
my friends!




"Rules" for a Sunshine Blog Award?
Here they are :
1.  Use the award logo in the post.
2.  Link to the nominating blogger.
3.  Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
4.  Nominate fellow bloggers

 "who positively and creatively inspire
 others in the blogosphere."
5.  Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.

I've decided in the interest of saving time, 
I'd cheat a bit on the last rule by contacting all 
( or most of ) the Sunshine
nominees at one time on FB.....
Seems my laptop's attached to me these days 
and the simple FB message 
 gives me a chance to streamline online time a bit!

There are sooooo many bloggers who exemplify
 positivity and creativity in the blogosphere that
made this such a hard choice!
I absolutely could not pare down the list to 10
(at the risk of negating my own nomination!)
These are amazing ladies who not only inspire with their creativity,
but blog authentically and with integrity
 and have enfolded me within their writing and blogging communities.
I'd consider each a friend,
 though I have never met any of these ladies "in real life"
and in fact, they are spread across three continents!
If you've not visited any of the bloggers below, 
I strongly encourage you to do so!
~~ You will be richer for it! ~~~

In no order at all, here they are:



Anne Marie at Future Flying Saucers



Jennifer at Catholic Inspired



Sheila at Longings End



Candace at Candace Creates

Lucinda at Navigating by Joy

Heather at Upside Down Homeschooling

Crystal at Serving Joyfully

Roxane at Peace Garden Writer

Lisa at The Squishable Baby

Jess at Benoit Academy

Congrats, ladies!
Thanks for being you
and having such an impact on my life!~
Can't wait to see who you choose and read your 10 pieces of info!


Now, for the "10 things about myself"
which may  or may not be news to you if you've 
been reading my blog for any length of time!

1. I love travelling! When I was young Mom and Dad took us all over the USA; hubby and I traveled much BC too ( "Before Children") I've been to 48 states in the USA, never had the pleasure of visiting North Dakota ( Roxane's home!) or Alaska! We've spent the past few summers traveling with the boys across the country, as well. I love to blog our travels and last summer's adventures can be found in my Forever West posts.



Glacier National Park -  July 2012

2. I've lived in NY all my life; Queens is a great place to grow up!  Really.
You've seen "All in the Family?" That's my childhood home.  My Dad, however, had only   conservative political thinking, not extreme prejudice,   in common with Archie Bunker. 
So I met this guy on a blind date 22 years ago from Longuyland, ( not a native Queens-ite??) married him and bought a house "out east."  About 60 miles east of NYC. 
And. I. Do. Not. Tawk. Like. A. Newyawka. Not.

3.  I loooooove planning birthday parties for my kids and making themed cakes. Love it. Party planning takes over my life. Here's a  recent party we threw for Timmy's 10th! Doctor Who, pirates, western, Civil War, Pokemon, chess, mystery, science, Hunger Games......you name the theme and we've done it.

4. My Mom passed away 5 years ago; my Dad, 21. I miss them every day and  I write about them often. I grew up fiercely patriotic and still am, to this day, as Dad was a US Army Infantryman in the Pacific Theater during WWII. Growing up, my family was also staunchly and unequivocally 100% pro life.  I remember my family's reaction with grimness and sadness to  the passing of Roe v Wade in '73 when I was only 7. As parents, my husband and I have ( hopefully) instilled  in our kids the sanctity of life and are raising sons who march for life  ( every January in DC) and defend the defenseless whenever they can.


October 3, 1943
Mom and Dad


5. I'm an unstoppable poker player...I'm unbeatable at Texas Hold 'Em....But honestly, I'm super non competitive and it drives my testosterone-soaked household nuts that I really don't care whether or not I win that round of backgammon, gin or Monopoly!

6. Despite my  last name, I'm only Italian by marriage;  I'm 100% Irish!  Alas, my poor kids are <sniff> only 1/2 Irish...... !    All four of my grandparents emigrated from Ireland  to NY. They endured harsh living conditions in tenements on the lower west side and  had all passed into Eternal Life by the time I was born. I know they'd be quite proud to see that their vision of The American Dream is being lived by all of their grandchildren and great grandchildren. I take nothing for granted.

7. My husband is supportive, brilliant ( he doesn't think so, but I do) and fun. Even though we drive each other crazy on occasion, I love him more every day. We had a Christmas-time wedding in '96 and have been married for 17 years.

8.  Love chocolate. Love it. 

9. I'm the youngest of five.

10. I absolutely love blogging and writing and hope one day to publish ( to a wider forum that my little blogspot home here!) I'm thinking and planning for a collection of memoir.


Friends, as always, I thank you for visiting and spending some
of your precious time here at my home on the web!
You can enter to win a free copy of Crystal's
No crazy copying and pasting tweet url's...
on the rafflecopter.
It's all very simple; I promise!

Good luck!

The entry form is open from midnight to midnight
on January 29 through Feb 6.
Friends, as always,  thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!
Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris

11 comments:

  1. Love reading your list of 10 and getting to know even more about you, friend! Thanks so much for the nomination. I am honored. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're SO welcome! It's been a blessing becoming your friend!

      Delete
  2. Okay, we have to do something about that North Dakota thing. :) Fun post, thanks. And thanks for the honor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we came within a few hundred miles of your home state last summer, but didn't veer northward!

      And thank YOU, Rox, for being such a sweethert!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you as always Chris! I will see what I can do about this honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. thank you Chris. You've been a great support for me.
    Bless you.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank YO, Em! It's been amazing getting to know you!

      xoxoxoxox

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for including me in your list, Chris! I am honored to have found you too. I always love learning more about you. I had no idea you were a lifelong New Yorker. That is so cool! My daughter and I stayed in Time Square a few year's ago. It was a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'll bet it was awesome to stay wright there in Times Sq~~! Sounds amazing.

      So happy to have met you this year Candace!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This was a fun read & thank you so much!! You are such an awesome person. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, you made my day! Thanks for your kind words:)
      !!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Reading your comments makes me a better person! . I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately,I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.

You might also enjoy:

`