Thursday, January 9, 2014

Theme Thursday or What Happens When You're Camping, it Rains and You Find Yourself in a Taxidermy Shop in the Adirondacks with Boys: 1/9/14 "Bear"


I couldn't resist...
Cari's theme today?
Had to join in.
 So you pack e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g you need for a week camping by the lake.
It rains.
You're in a tent.
What do you do?

Two boys+ taxidermy shop down the road apiece in "town."
(Town, what town?)
So.
You make your own fun.
 Boy, were the owners happy to see us......
 .....leave.

Really happy.

Not a bear, but still.
This camera-shy guy begs sharing.

Um, eventually the rain stopped..... the sun came out..... all was well
with the troops who headed north for some
dock jumping, bass catching, and yeah, marshmallow roasting that night.
And they got it.
This was four summers ago...
Wow, time does fly.

Friends, thanks for stopping by today for some fun, courtesy of
Cari at Clan Donaldson!
Go head over for more "bear//bare" shenanigans and
wish Cari a Happy 6 year ( SIX!) Blogoversary
 while you're there, folks!

Friends, as always, I thank you for the precious time 
you spent here at my home on the web~

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.

I'd love to stay in touch regularly!

Until next time,

~Chris

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, we would do the same thing. There is just something about taxidermified (I'm pretty sure that's an actual word, don't bother checking) animals that BEGS for funny pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I find them kinda creepy, but, of course, boys LOVE them!!

      Thanks for r the fun, Cari!

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome!! They remind me of my brother a few years ago - we have some similar photos. :-) Sounds like you guys had a bear-y good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your pictures :)! What a happy family you seem to have. I love the raccoon picture. I agree with you on the creepiness but my son would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! Well, happy here on our vacation.....
      It'snot all smiles though!

      Love your visits, always, Candace!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.