Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekends with Chesterton: "The Sanctity of Life" 1/25/14

The most unfathomable schools and sages have never 
attained to the gravity which dwells in the eyes of a baby.

Welcome, friends....
Because this week,
 even the staunchest of pro life advocates
become more fervent,  more pro-active, more eager
 to spread the truth about the greatest evil of our day and age....
this week, I'm happy to share thoughts of our beloved GCK on
<< life.>>
Since we live only a little over 300 miles from DC, each year we go.
We march. We protest. 
We are honored to be a voice for the voiceless.
Only this year, as you know, due to 
inclement weather, and hazardous roads,
 our parish bus was cancelled and we were unable to attend.
<sigh>
Talk about disappointed.
On so so many levels.
As an aside though,
and here are 7 ways we can support The March from home....


This day also, the anniversary of
my Mom's passing,
 is one of my least favorite.
Five years has gone so quickly and yet.....
it seems a lifetime ago  we were together...
chatting over tea about nothing and everything,
that the boys were reading and playing games with her......
In fact, it seems days of
 10, 20, 30,  even 40 years ago 
were here just yesterday.
So, life, all life, is precious...
To me, 
the essence of life's sanctity is captured in the
Chestertonian words that I was lucky enough to stumble upon
and share this week.

For more Chesteronian wit and wisdom,
you might life to look into this title.

Thanks so very much for spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web.
Please visit Sarah's for her GCK quote this weekend,
as well as GCK wisdom of those who link up!
You will be very happy you did!
 

Lastly, a privilege~~~
I was nominated for a Sheenazing Award at  Bonnie's A Knotted Life. 
(in 3 categories!?)
To say I'm  honored is an understatement!
To be named alongside so many amAZING blogs?
Just unreal......

 Thank you! 
Voting is underway until Monday the 27th~~
If you have a minute, can you please click over and vote
Campfires and Cleats??
I'm honored by your support.
*Best Under Appreciated Blog ( ! ) 
**Best Link up for Memoir Monday
*** Best Lifestyle Blog
While you're at Bonnie's
enjoy discovering awesome blogs!!
 
Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris

Thanks to Shabby Blogs for the cute post dividers!


2 comments:

  1. I just heard that quotation by Chesterton on babies. My husband read it to our Catholic book study group. Made me feel a bit sad for Chesterton since he obviously loved and understood baby life but never had any children of his own. Congratulations on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, coincidence, huh!? It seems GCK is popping up all over, to me, too.

      Great point, about his understanding and love for babies!

      Thanks for the kind words, Willa, and for visiting. :)



      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.