Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekends with Chesterton~ "Home" 1/11/14


I'm loving the Chesterton linky hosted by Sarah,
Have you been by her blog recently?
You must go!
I've learned quite a bit from Sarah and the GKC she's shared, .
AND last weekend, as well,
from the awesome bloggers who've linked to her carnival.
You may have noticed that my blog's tagline is a Chesterton quote....

The home is not the one tame place in the world of adventure.
 It is the one wild place in the world of rules and set tasks. 
~Chesterton

These words.... I never would have 
quite "gotten" them pre-Mommy.
Now as a Mom of boys, well.
Literally,
"GET OFF THE ROOF!"
(and more)
is actually as common as 
"Din-ner's ready!"
The words, their meaning,
well, they're pretty much embraced here.
And, I'd say, well lived  in your homes as well, no?
The rhythm of our lives, the ordinary, the special.
That's how I interpret his words and why I chose them to summarize our family's journey
in my online home here.

As for my blogging, today, I've a QT post,
an Artful Friday post and
a Weekly Wrap Up/daybook in draft to be published  today.
but between single digit temps, recovery from stomach bugs,
a return to the routine after Christmas break and a tempermental furnace (! )
well, I'm thrilled to focus on GCK and let all the
 end-of-week shoulds" go.


Friends, please click to Sarah's for more Chestertonian love.
Also, his Orthodoxy is a great place to start,
as well as
The American Chesterton Society.
And as always, I thank you for the precious time 
you spend here at my home on the web~

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.

I'd love to stay in touch regularly!

Until next time,

~Chris






4 comments:

  1. Fabulous quote! I always enjoy visiting your blog. :) I hope everyone stays healthy and WARM! Thanks so much for the shout out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, friend....if not for your WWC linky, I'd not be quite so into GKC at the moment!

      Be well and thanks for the visit and kind words!~

      Delete
  2. I love that tagline, it's so true! I was just admonishing my 3 year old to get off the playhouse roof this morning at playgroup. A new mom in the group had noticed him up there and seemed concerned. The rest of us just said "yeah, that's Peter" and I figured I should tell him to get down so he didn't scare the new mom away ;)

    I hope your family is feeling better and that the temperatures are going up for you too! Ours is supposed to be 50 degrees tomorrow, so maybe the polar vortex is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda...So true....sometimes others seem to fear for our kids, when they're just being "themselves" and we think they're fine!

      Yup, we;re aiming for 40s/50s today too!

      Thanks for your visit, friend!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.