Sunday, March 2, 2014

DIY Mardi Gras Masks

Welcome friends!
So happy you stopped by for a  peak at our 
Mardi Gras mask creations!



We strive each Lent to do without treats....
to do without, in general.....
 and though our lives are relatively no-frills
to begin with, to  live simpler
  these upcoming 40 days.
 on how this typically goes.

So the night before Lent begins, we usually have some
"Mardi Gras fun" with crafts and treats that we'll
be avoiding 
( or trying to anyway)
til  Easter Sunday.
We'll be making a king cake this Tuesday, for the first time and I'm super 
excited about starting a new tradition!
I completely love Bonnie's recipe and if you are a 
"from scratch" baking kinda gal, you should truly
check it out!
You must must must see Tracy's king cake, by the way!
It looks absolutely scrumptious!
She used Bonnie's recipe and wow.....what a treat!
Go feast your eyes and then come back for more!
Though I know Bonnie's would be amazing,
I'm thinking of sticking to my fave boxed cake mix with
this to die for cream cheese frosting!
We'll see how the schedule stacks up that day...


So, here's the scoop on the super easy, because really,
anything -  goes, Mardi Gras masks we made yesterday!

Supplies:
Some items were already in our craft closet, such as the glue, the sequins and
some tubes of half used glitter as well as tubes of glitter glue.
The rest, I picked up at Walmart and Dollar Tree.
But you can easily get everything pretty inexpensively at amazon too:

Some shots of the creations~~
                 



                       


The final products~~~
Pretty, right? 
Lots of room for creativity and individuality!


And, yes, the masks were worn already~

The shot with my older son is a bit blurry, for some reason.......


Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 
Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....


Vintage Spring divider
This post contains amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris

28 comments:

  1. Aww this is a great idea, have fun with your treat night. My youngest son is give up Crisps,, not sure yet what I'm giving up yet ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, for stopping by to visit! Always love when you come by!
      Good luck with your blog nom too!

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this!! I just may have to get some of these supplies and do this with my girls this afternoon. I know they would love it. Thank you so much for the idea. Looks like too much fun ;) ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna
      Thanks for stopping in! It was lots of fun....I'm sure you and your girls will enjoy and I hope you share pics of their creations! :)

      xoxoxoxo


      Delete
  3. How fun! Can't wait until my little one is old enough for crafts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandi!

      Appreciate your visit!!

      Delete
  4. Love this simple, yet very fun idea! Your boys did a great job! I'm pinning this maybe to do this one year :) Have a blessed Lent Chris! Also, I'm linking up your post here to my king cake post I'm writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tra
    THANKS so much...I will link your cake back here to the masks!
    Looking fwd to reading your recent post! I always love visiting your home on the web!

    Love your visits always!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! How fun, I love seeing pictures of your boys crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Nancy!!
      I appreciate your visit!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Hi again Chris! Thank you for linking back to my king cake :) It was a hit with the family, for sure! :) My family wasn't too crazy about the lemon taste in the sugar icing so I will omit that next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it looked amazing in those pictures! Your kids are just so blessed to have you for their Mom...always doing something creative, fun, memorable!

      Thank you for stopping in!

      Delete
  8. Your house sounds like so much fun, Chris! I love seeing your boys creating. It always reminds me I need to do more of this with my son. I let him play way too many video games... The masks turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Candace....
      well we do try to go for the fun, but as they get older, not so much anymore...hard to fit in the "musts" and still have time for the extra fun, as you know!

      Thanks so much for the visit, friend!

      Delete
  9. Mardi Gras masks, another fun family activity! I love how you do so much with your children, creating memories together. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!

      xoxox

      Delete
  10. What a fun activity to celebrate Mardi Gras! I chose this post as one of my favorites from last week’s Hearts for Home Blog Hop, and I’m featuring it this week. :)
    http://learningtable.blogspot.com/2014/03/hearts-for-home-blog-hop-56.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne!
      How kind of you!!

      Thanks so much for the honor of being featured...I appreciate your visit...heading over to your blog now.:)

      Delete
  11. What a fun project. It's a great way to learn and have fun together. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi~
      Thank you SO much for stopping by!

      I appreciate your visit and kind words!

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollie~~

      Aw, thank YOU~! Your Mardi Gras post is amazing! It'sapleasuer to add my link to t!

      So nice to "meet" you!


      Delete
  13. These masks look simple and fun. Adding to my Mardi Gras Pinterest Page.

    Amanda
    www.queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda!! How kind of you to repin!! I'll be over to check out your p boards as well!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. I am so glad you linked to the new This is How We Roll Link Party! I think you and I have "known" each other for a long time. Your "babies" are growing! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia~~
      I'm SO happy to join you ladies at your new party!

      Thanks for stopping by~! and yes,it HAS been some time, hasn't it!!?? This whole blogging things has brought me so many amazing friends.

      Delete
  15. This looks like a ton of fun. My daughter loves projects and she would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great project and fun too. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.