Friday, April 18, 2014

Artful Friday~ Palm Crosses, Rosettes, Knots and Scripture Verses

~Friends, welcome on this Good Friday~
Well, this has been a week of,
among other things ( ! ) 
crazy and beautiful palms~~
 examining step by step rose making and
sticking creations behind pictures, in pots, on windowsills
and hanging from doorknobs all over the house!
For those readers who may not be Catholic/Christian~
Palm Sunday, also known as Passion Sunday, 
falls on the Sunday prior to Easter and commemorates 
Jesus's triumphant entry into Jerusalem. 
This event is mentioned in all four of the Gospels:
Matthew 21:1-11
Mark 11: 1-10
Luke 19: 28-40
John 12: 12-50
This Bible is our mainstay as well as this resource
for Bible and Church history.

If you'd like to know more about the Catholic faith,
or 
if you left  the Church  and would like to return home,
nothing would make us happier!
Please email me and I will gladly connect you with a priest 
who will help you and 
with whom you can share your thoughts and concerns........

Now, here's a collection of some of my son's crosses and roses~~
the rest were given away to friends, neighbors, his guitar teacher...










For my previous "Artful Friday" posts, 
you might like to click below.....
They're all here if you'd like to dust off something from the archives:

 ( knitting, winter crafts, the theater and piano)



And, my son's popular  guest posts on crafting rocket balloons,
 both of which include instructional videos:
I hope you get a chance to click over and enjoy one of his posts!



Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris

11 comments:

  1. Wow Chris, the crosses are absolutely amazing! I think he could probably sell those. Very nice!

    Looks like some really great stuff happening here.

    Thanks so much for the great explanation of Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa
      You made my day with your visit! Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!

      xoxoxo
      Enjoy this lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely crosses. Thank you for sharing from your heart and the photos of your son's hand work. Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Lori!
      I appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Chris, the crosses are great and very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire!!

      I appreciate your visit, friend!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I just found this page! I'm bookmarking it to have handy for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to "meet" you, Elizabeth!! Thanks for stopping by!

      God bless!!

      Delete
  5. Adorable crosses, Chris!
    Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana
      Thanks so much! And thanks for taking the time to visit! Happy Easter to you as well!I'm heading over to visit your blog.... :)


      Delete
  6. These would have been so fun to make! I'll have to save the idea for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.