Thursday, September 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday~ "Hold" 9/19/14

 So sublime; there are no words for it.

  
               The little things, the quiet moments. Yes, it’s the many years of Christmas morning memories: The family video of flannel feet-y- pajama clad kids  excitedly zipping down the stairs to squealingly uncover a myriad of surprises peeking from stockings,  peering from under The Tree. It’s capturing the awed whispers of “H-O-W did Santa know I would love this??”

summer 2013

It’s the framed birthday cake photos, number candle poking askew ou
confection, huge, often toothless grin, on crowned head. And the always party theme-accessorized honoree: western, pirate, fire fighter, space, science, medieval. One year, he wants to grow up to be King Arthur; the next, Neil Armstrong; the next, Watson or Crick.

Halloween 2007

       The Moments woven through family, learning, life, are boundless and I am blessed.  Suddenly, I realize that this is why we both came to be. For this. Everything leads to this, our calling.

And I hold close to my heart, these memories, even more so as the both grow.


 who write each week for only five minutes on one word!
This is my first time in months,joining
with the tribe of writers for FMF ...
I'm so happy to do so!

You're invited back tomorrow ...
Campfires and Cleats was asked to be a "stop"
 on Pauline Books & Media's blog tour
for a guest post by their author, Marilee Haynes!
Isn't that exciting?!
Marilee will be sharing her thoughts in 
"Books and Boys" and Mom of Boys or not,
you will not want to miss her style and grace!




 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

If you enjoyed your visit today,
please subscribe to Campfires and Cleats,
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:



You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris

11 comments:

  1. Yes, these are the moments we hold the closest, aren’t they? Thank you for this trip down memory lane and making me smile thinking of my littles already excited for Christmas. ;) Blessings from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, what a lovely comment, Meredith!!
      Thank you so very much for stopping over!!

      I'll be visiting you soon as well!
      xo

      Delete
  2. These little challenges are a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda~
      Will stop over at your home on the web today. I appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  3. Great post.
    I love Marilee Haynes's Books.
    I've reviewed both of them.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em
      Thank you, friend!!

      I do remember reading a review months ago for one of Marilee's books at your blog. That was the first time I heard of her Genius series and I'm thrilled to be a hosting on the tour!

      Thanks for stopping by, Em!

      Delete
  4. Look how little they are. It has been weighing on me how time passes by so quickly. We need to cherish all those "little" moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I know, Monique.......everything people said about how fast it goes when the kids were babies is true.

      Thank you, friend, for visiting!

      Delete
  5. My girls are 6 and 8 and it is going by so fast. I too hold all these memories close and will look back one day and smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yes, they do go quickly, we're learning.:) Love the thought of "holding" the memories close, as well.....

      Thanks SO much for stopping over!

      Delete
  6. So timey for what I'm currently doing for my toddler. Been choosing photos for his birthday album. Time flies so fast! Sometimes, I just want to cuddle with my boys all day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.