Friday, September 5, 2014

September Arrives: Newness, Transitions, Spicy Meatballs, Cakes, The Art of Pogo-Ball & a Plea ~ Weekly Wrap & QT 9/5/14


And with a post title such as that...this must be a weekly wrap/7 QT, right?
Here we go ~ 

~ 1 ~
A New Year:
A whoooooooooole new adventure........... transitions
Oh, yeah, lots to say, lots.
Nostalgia and growing up.
And right now, gathering the words is not easy.


pencildivider

~ 2 ~
Meanwhile~~
Year TEN of our family's homeschool journey does continue.........

pencildivider

~ 3 ~ 
Of course, we whipped up our  traditional
back to school cake to celebrate:






pencildivider

     ~ 4 ~

And........
PE in Homeschool?
Spending a little time perfecting
 The Art of Pogo-Bball!
Also known as......
 How-to-Give-Your-Mother-a
Heart-Attack During-Your-Break-
Between-History-and-Math

video

My older guy made a crazy pogo -vid last year.....
Pretty cool, if you have a minute:
Extreme Pogo~







pencildivider

~ 5 ~

Believe it or not, I still have yet to finalize my curriculum choices/
schoolroom organization post!!
Lots of good picks too......but I do go on......
it's one of those mega posts that tend to take on a life of its  own!
If it was completed, I'd be sharing it by now.....
So, here's last year's post~


pencildivider

~ 6 ~

Done with schoolwork?
The kid's amazing in the kitchen~~
he whips these up:


Killer Meatballs~!

pencildivider

~ 7 ~
And last, because of its importance~~
If you've read my blog this week, you've seen my prayer requests.
You've gotten the info around the gofundme account that I began
in the name of the Catholic Bloggers Network for our
own lovely friend and fellow blogger, Mary.
Please, go get the info and please, folks,
share the word on the Lenaburgs' prayer needs.
And details on how contributions can be offered.....
 and how bloggers can
spread the word.

To~~
Those who have shared.....
Those who have written/mentioned/posted....
Those who've contributed....
And of course, those who've prayed....
YOU. 
You're just amazing.
You. Inspire. Me.
Thank you!

And since this is my space,
I'm gonna be brutally honest.

Friends, this family needs us. They need everyone  they know
 and everyone they don't.
They need to be wrapped in prayer by prayer warriors.
That's us.
That's our duty and that's our honor.

They're a family in battle right now and they're fighting with grace.

Isn't this what our Holy Father means  when he says:

 The Internet, in particular, offers immense possibilities for encounter and solidarity. 
This is something truly good, a gift from God. 
Pope Francis

There ya go......
Papa has spoken.

There are numerous bloggers who've shared and
 spread the word and they are amazing.
They've tweeted, pinned, facebooked........
I need to shout from the rooftops how great this is...
and how appreciated their time is!!

Please go read Tracy's, Laura's  and Emily's posts.
You'll be moved.
AND our fund is doing beautifully thanks to their efforts!!

And, above all, if you read nothing on the internet this weekend.
She's faith filled and a model of grace.
And she blessed us all with her words.


pencildivider

My posts here at the blog this week:














 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time here at my home on the web!

Don't forget to subscribe to Campfires and Cleats
 by scrolling to the subscribe button at the  top left sidebar.
I'd love to stay in touch regularly.

Until next time,

~Chris




8 comments:

  1. Praying for Courtney and her family! I mentioned them in my quick takes today and shared on Twitter... will try to think of ways to do more. But I wanted to write to say I love your pencil cake! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, THANK YOU for taking the time tlo stop by and comment and for spreading the word!

      Thanks for the compliment Rita! I hope you get the chance to make the cake....it's super easy!

      Delete
  2. You're so passionate. God has blessed you with being able to be a mouthpiece for those in need, using this great platform you have to raise awareness. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina, Thank YOU....your words mean a lot to me, friend.

      xoxoxoox
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. You always have so many wonderful ideas & thoughts to share here on your blog.
    I, too, am experiencing that 'nostalgia & growing up' feeling...my two in high-school are the culprits. I will definitely try making that super cute pencil cake with my 5th grader! Time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly goes fast, Val! Thank you for stopping by and fo the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much to read and enjoy in this post! Love the cake and all of the wonderful pics. I know it will be a great year for both of your boys! Thanks for linking up with "My Week in Review." Looking forward to seeing what you'll share this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/09/my-week-in-review-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Lisa!
      I appreciate the visit....here's wishing you guys a great year ahead as well!
      xoxoxox
      "See" you soon!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.