Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Photo Reflection ~ 12 in 2014


Welcome friends and Happy New Year!!
I just love year-in-review posts, photo or otherwise and
what's more, I love compiling them.

Choosing just twelve photos to illustrate our year was challenging.
The pictures offer a glimpse, just a whisper, of these past twelve months.
And a challenging year it was, in a number of ways.
I've noticed many bloggers have combined a yearly reflection 
with their  photo montage
and I think that makes a heck of a lot of sense....
But for me,  in depth thoughts ,
side by side a photo representing a specific month
just won't work  .....
Sometimes you just haven't snapped 
 the pictures to match your inner joy,
your inner turmoil, inner .disappointment, surprise.
So this year, my thoughts, essentially a 
What -I -Learned -in -2014 are  a separate entity unto itself.
That being said, I'm so so so happy to once again join in
 Dwija's 2014  photo wrap ~
How is it even possible that one year ago, I linked the 13 in 13 wrap??
I thank you for clicking over for a quick peak at our 2014 and 
I wish you all a peaceful, healthy and wonderful 2015!!

Love you guys and here goes~!

January


Just a few minutes into our new year,2014.

February 


One of the many insane crazy record- breaking snowfalls
we experienced during the polar vortex.
It was a tough winter. 


March


Hey, at least my kids are h-a-l-f Irish!
They had the honor of carrying the banner in our local 
Paddy's Day parade and it was very cool.
I guess if you and your hubby have volunteered
 for CYO duties since 2006, 
your kids qualify to be lead banner holders!?
Fun, music, neighbors, friends.
Yup, we love a parade.
April


My youngest earned a role in a local production of A Comedy of Errors.
He had a blast, met some great people and, of course,
Right now, he's thrilled to be a part of a production of The Crucible,
which stages in February!


May


Since my son is a huge JPII fan,we were not at all surprised that 
he chose the name "Karol."


June

Opposing teams!
One son ( on the Yankees) up at bat.
The other ( on the Padres) catching.



July


Just one of literally 903 pictures from our cross country trip.
Monument Valley  ( where this shot was taken) 
is probably my all time most favorite place.
Our trip chronicles, Visions of the Southwest, are right here
in my latest post around our tour of Graceland.
In summer 2013, we also traveled~~
 though to a different area of our great country.
Those posts are right here, in my Forever West collection.



August



Our annual trip to The Adirondacks.
How many months til we can go back again??
Oh so many times I've written about this place of majesty.
Here are my posts,



September


Yup, we all took the ice bucket challenge on Labor Day weekend.
A wonderful man in our own parish was diagnosed in 1992 with ALS 
and is still fighting and bringing attention to the cause, the need for more research.
Dissension over #icebucketchallenge? We disagreed. 
It was truly an honor to be involved and contribute in a small way.


October


A fun trip to a local farm for pumpkins, corn, haybales
and all things Autumn.


November 


My "baby" turned 12......
He loves all things Pirates of the Caribbean and 
so the decor, treats and favors suited!.



December


We had a quiet Advent season with just a few commitments...
play rehearsals, choir rehearsals, track meets,
liturgical feast day celebrations, decorating and baking  and an orchestra concert.
SO many memories, so many photos filling the memory cad.
This one sums up the peace we attempted!
and often, actually acquired, during the month.




 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!
And hey:

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


                                                                            
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris






4 comments:

  1. Great memories and moments for you and your family Chris! I remember alot of these pics! Happy and Blessed New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!! And to you as well!!

      Thanks for stopping by!. I look fwd to clicking to your photo review now as well!

      Delete
  2. Reading about your year made me remember mine! Looks like 2014 is a fun year for you. Here's hoping that 2015 will be as nice if not better! Dropping by from http://pixiedusk.livejournal.com/331092.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous year all round

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.