Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog Disaster~

Hi there friends.....

So regular readers will notice a hugely changed look....
and not by choice!

The company who supplied my <free>
 background/ border/ header and most of my button designs
 has disappeared, taking with it
the overall appearance of the blog, 
its continuity and even some files.
Uggh.

I can only hope they  didn't encounter anything
 un-toward that caused them to shut down.
Seemed like a generous group of people, offering their tech work to
all of us bloggers for free.

In the meantime and three hours later
<yeah, can you believe three hours to achieve THIS gargantuan mess?>
I'm gonna have to settle for this until I can come back
with a renewed sense of organization and some time to re-do.

Thanks for stopping in though and I do hope to have things
a little tidier and well, less horrific, soon!


Update, Fri 1/23
Well......I do miss my denim and lace.......
But I think I have the look to a point of not-hate.


 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


      
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris

And these post dividers?
Thanks to Sweetly Scrapped


10 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! You poor thing. Praying you can get it fixed soon. I was using them too, but just switched over to another free one. Hope things get fixed soon. I do miss reading your posts...saying a prayer for you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique!

      Your blog looks lovely! I'm glad you;re happy with it--good for you! :)

      I appreciate your visit!!

      Delete
  2. Chris,

    I'm sorry to hear about your blog design problems. I hope you get your blog looking how you want it very soon. I haven't changed my own blog design for a long time. Usually when I start making changes I get into a huge mess of my own making, and then I wish I'd just left everything as it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sue!

      Well, I love your blog's look---don't change a thing if you're happy with it as well!!

      I had my design for two years and honestly, I was content with it....not looking to change a thing :) Oh well....

      Thanks for the encouragement and the visit!

      Delete
  3. Meanwhile, I tried to leave a message from my iPad. Maybe I'll learn how to use it.
    I've been meaning to get to you all day.
    I hope and pray you will get it fixed soon.
    Anyway - it won't stop me from coming...
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for taking the time to stop by, Em! I appreciate that---I think I'm ok with the look for now:)

      xoxoxoox

      Good luck with that iPad! I'll bet you'll wind up enjoying the convenience! I don't own one, but I hear they;re awesome...
      xoxox
      "See" you soon.
      C

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris,
    Gee, that sounds stressful. You must've fixed it up because it doesn't look like a disaster now.
    I am glad that you stopped by my blog and left a comment because I, like you, had not visited your blog in a while. Hopefully, that will change now that I am a new Facebook follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica~~
      So great to hear from you...I'm really happy I re- discovered you through the link on Bonnie's blog. it had been way too long since I visited you!

      Thanks so much for stopping over!!
      And yes, I think I pretty much have the blog to a point where I don't dislike the look tremendously. Not loving it, really...but I think it'll grow on me!

      I look forward to seeing you in the blogosphere!

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Everything looks great, Chris! What a nightmare you must have gone through. I'm so sorry and I know the timing could not have been worse... Blogging is incredibly time consuming without the extra issues that pop up. You seem to do it so consistently and seamlessly though. I have always been inspired by you there, my friend. You greatly deserve every award you continue to receive :). Many blessings to you and your precious family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris!

    Meant to stop by earlier, but I'm finally here :) Soooo very sorry about your blog design craziness! ugggh...that's not a good feeling! But, I think it looks cleaned up now. I'll still visit you no matter what, disaster or not! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.