Friday, February 6, 2015

"Keep" ~ Five Minute Friday 2/6/15


Set those timers for this week's Five Minute Friday writing prompt!
Here we go~~~

The cloudless cerulean sky stretching in all directions.

The whispery turquoise roadside wildflowers,
 seemingly not beaten down by constant raging, 
passing vehicles.

The azure and crystal-bright, 
yet mischievous eyes of my oldest.

And the midwest hue of green
unlike any we've seen before, really

Impossibly neat acres of corn,
hundreds of acres...thousands?
Blowing by  windy interstate
following the ribbon of road
and
the red,
the classic red
and silver capped
  silos.
They stand like distant sentinels.


We won't recall the cross words
or
 tense moments.

Mo, those memories that glow....?
That we want to keep......
To hold close?

Those will shine
 with the  quiet and the togetherness 
that we feel right now.

I know they will.

Thank you,  Kate for hosting!
Please click to Kate's and join  the  tribe of #fmfparty - ers!




 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


      
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris

6 comments:

  1. "Those will shine with the quiet and the togetherness that we feel right now." - That is my prayer every day for my daughter. I hope she remembers those moments above all others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so wonderful to resonate with other Moms, isn't it? I so appreciate your visit, Cassie! Will be stopping at your blog now as well!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! So vibrant and full of color and grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karilee! I so appreciate your visit and kind words!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful imagery--I felt like I was right with you on your journey. It's always the memories that I want to keep from vacations--not the souvenirs, the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bursting with beautiful description! I can almost picture myself on that same stretch of road with my three boys in the backseat. Lovely!! Glad to be visiting from #CoffeeForYourHeart today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.