Wednesday, June 3, 2015

"The War Room" ~ Because Prayer is a Powerful Weapon

But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
Matthew, 6:6

           Welcome friends!
           Can I tell you how happy I am to share with you details of a  <truly> life changing, soon-to-be-released movie?   Provident Films and Affirm Films  of Moms' Night Out, When the Game Stands Tall,   Courageous, Facing the Giants and Fireproof have done it again. 
        In fact, I frankly think, impossible though it seems, that  this  time, they outdid the impact, the message, the power, of their previous projects. Really.


                Before I start discussing The War Room, this latest production,  I must offer to you this clip, which is part interview,  part trailer, part inspiration, which includes several 
of The War Room actors,  as well as the Kendrick brothers, themselves, providing a bit of background on the project and how it came to be.:

*************************************
         One of the many wonderful opportunities that comes with the blogging life is the chance to preview brand new media in the way of book titles, educational resources and even major motion pictures.
          Just last week, I was privileged, along with one of my kids, who was happily untethered to a sports schedule that evening, to see a preview  of "The War Room" at a somewhat - local multiplex.   If the Kendricks' name is attached, you know you're in for more than just 
 90 minutes of entertainment in the form of  likable characters, a few  laughs and a mild sprinkling of depth. .......
             You just know you're leaving that theater after spending time with The Wow Factor.  You know you'll be challenged.   You know you'll ask yourself on the drive home how a movie could compel you to be better, to be more.  ...to change your way of looking at a certain life situation.
           And that night, walking out of The War Room's preview theater, all of our expectations were met...and exceeded.  My son and I were speechless, processing the characters we got to know and like, their struggles, their pain, their triumphs and their roads remaining to be trodden once the credits rolled.
         We cheered them as they turned to the Lord to beg forgiveness, patience, mercy. We identified when the Lord provided, but  in ways unasked for. 
        We wished we were real-life friends with Tony and Elizabeth Jordan, whose marriage is crumbling before our eyes and who eventually turn to God for strength and for the ability to regain their love for one another. 
        We were awed by the motivational, clever qualities  of Miss Clara, who , throughout the movie, expresses the need for prayer "strategy," as one would plan for finances, for education.

Let me show you exactly what I mean~~
 enjoy this trailer~~

          

It was a true pleasure and honor to preview The War Room 
and I'd like to thank Tristar and Provident Films for the opportunity.

Please join me in staying connected with  the latest news and social media
updates for The War Room on FacebookTwitter and You Tube

And friends, I know you and I know you'll be
 anxious for The War Room experience........  
Well, you're in luck because Tristar  Pictures and Provident Films 
have compiled a  state by state listing so that 
you can plan right now to bring your family to
this amazing movie on opening weekend, August 28. : 
Click here for locations and even for advance ticket sales


           
 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


      
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,


~Chris















4 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Thank you so much for sharing. After reading your review, I can't wait to see this movie. It might not be shown at a cinema near us. (Fireproof and Courageous weren't). However, I shall buy the DVD when it is released!

    It sounds like you had a great night out with your son. I hope all is well with you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue~~
      Well, I know you'll enjoy so very much! I'm curious to hear your reaction...it was truly wonderful!

      I do hope it's playing near you - - the whole family will love it
      !

      Thanks for visiting Sue~~

      Delete
  2. Chris,

    This is a great review and I can't wait to see it (It's showing in my city! Yay!) Thank you for sharing the links and the trailer. I've seen most of the movies you listed and they were all great, though I haven't seen Mom's Night Out yet! ( I know, I can't believe it either :) ) The War Room looks like another one I'll love too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tra~
      THANK YOU for the kind words....I'm so happy that WR will be showing near you...how great is that!
      I do think you'll enjoy it and be moved by it!!

      And as for MNO!! go get it on DVD!! It's a don't miss!!

      Thanks for visiting Tra!!
      xpxoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.