Monday, January 4, 2016

"And Every Task You Undertake Becomes a Piece of Cake!" ~ 5 Resources for a Calm, Organized, Peaceful You #5faves


I'm sorry...
I just couldn't resist throwing in a  reference to one 
Love love love!!!  
She's no nonsense. She's organized. She's fun. 
She's whimsical, yet dependable.
I could watch Julie Andrew paint a room or take out the garbage and be enthralled.
Plus, throw in classic music and dance, a couple of cute kids,
an adorable story and the heartbreakingly beautiful city of London.
What's not to like?!

So, here it is, early January. Happy New Year!
Seems while many are not in favor of the standard resolutions, 
choosing as a focus  one word.
A general overhaul, declutter of mind, body, spirit  
appears in order as we turn the page
 on all things brand new, no?
I'm all for a hard re-set and refresh  and I've found a few "helps" that 
I. Am. Loving.
These are must-shares, friends......

But no pressure on obtaining and reading all the way through.
We're going easy on ourselves this year, lightening the load!
So, peruse, highlight and post - it the tips, tricks and 
pieces of encouragement that speak to you and move on.
The goal is to streamline, not wight you down!
Enjoy!




I'm in the midst of this page turner, penned by Catholic priest,  Fr Jacques Philippe,
which seems destined to become a classic.
So far? discerning God's will and how to pray "better."
His style is moving and definitely inspiring.

Image result for birthday themed post dividers






If you've never read Gretchen before, you're in for a treat!
You'll feel as if you're having tea with a friend.
Get ready to be refreshed and refocus habits in a new way!
This is a definite must-read for the year!


Image result for birthday themed post dividers





Keep only those objects that bring you joy?
Thank your belongings before parting with them?
Yeah, sounds a bit , well...........strange, 
but Marie Kondo's unorthodox style is what spoke to me.
Ms Kondo is an organizational consultant who helps clients declutter their homes...and essentially, their lives.
I'm still reading this one, marking passages that reveal, to me,
 necessary insight on 'stuff" we own, stashing it and discarding it.
Another winner in the you-need-this category!


Image result for birthday themed post dividers





Title speaks for itself!
It's a new take on the  time management/ time makeover
theme that we all crave.
The author's website is here,  and I think  you'll 
 be captivated by her simple, yet unique tips.

Image result for birthday themed post dividers

Looking for more declutter and tidying up advice?

You must know Flylady?
She's your personal CHAOS coach, friends!
My fave  Flylady title is Sink Reflections, 
but browse her site to see what speaks to you!




Image result for birthday themed post dividers


I'm thankful to  Bonnie and DeBalino for hosting FF
and happy to join in! 


 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:
  
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris

10 comments:

  1. This is a great list to help kick-start the new year right! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda~

      Hop you find something practical....thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great book choices for the new year!

    What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast is a great book (and I love FlyLady!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a huge FL fan too!

      Thanks Tonia!

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued now with these books. Will definitely look into them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renz,

      I hope you find a helpful resource!
      Thx for visiting!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your resources - always great to get good book recommendations. Your neighbor at Holley's today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany.....God bless... xo

      Delete
  5. This is AWESOME - and I NEED IT BIG TIME!

    Thanks for this Chris! You area rockstar!

    I really needed this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you sweet?? Thanks for visiting, Lisa!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.