Friday, February 12, 2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Lenten "Limit" 2/12/16

Welcome friends ......
Seems the only blogging I'm doing these  few weeks
is with Kate's FMF tribe of writers....thrilled to take part...
Thank you  for, the prompt and the community to spend just five minutes writing...
no editing in or overthinking...
Just  writing.

GO:
It is our emptiness and lowliness that God needs, and not our plenitude.
Mother Teresa

There is no limit  to what we can accomplish ... 
when we let it all go and leave it with God...
leave the worry, the cares, the questions, the decisions.
Along this journey of 40 days, this dark night of the soul, 
the only limit to
  doing for our brothers, coming closer to the Lord and walking
hand in hand  through the dessert with our Savior is....what?
Will it be fear? Distraction? Drama of the day?
Or will we accept the irrefutable love of the cross...
will we lean into it, enveloping ourselves into it...this miracle....
This love which is the only thing which can take down Satan and make us whole
I once believed my being full.......yet without Him, no.
It was  emptiness., limiting, binding.

Dust you are and to dust you will return.
Genesis 3:19


Image result for birthday themed post dividers

 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:
  
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,


~Chris







6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and true words of the freedom to be leant into. What grace and love is stretched out to us. And oh how I recognize my own journey in your words here: "I once believed my being full.......yet without Him, no.
    It was emptiness., limiting, binding."
    Stopping by as your neighbor at Five Minute Friday today. So blessed in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, Thank you so much for the visit and for your kind words....... I' look forward to stopping by at hour home on the web...xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words. I always enjoying reading you five minute friday posts. The express such a feeling. I wrote about the same thing...doubt, fears, and our limits. God truly is amazing. He never leaves and when we accept our lives are so much fuller. It's sad we turn our back on Him too often.
    Hope you have a great weekend! Try to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Monique...... so appreciate the time you took to visit and leave a kind comment.....Will be over to say hi on your blog!
      xoxox

      Delete
  3. Stopping in from FMF - I'm perched at #76 this wk. I love your advice...leaving it all in God's hands. I pray that I can do that more in my life. Be blessed this week.

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your FMF posts as your words and thoughts are so heartfelt and I'm amazed you are able to pour your heart out like this in 5 minutes because it would take me 5 hours! :) Have a blessed week Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.