Friday, March 18, 2016

"Surprise" ~ Five Minute Friday 3/18/16 #fmf


The cloudless cerulean sky stretching in all directions.

The whispery turquoise roadside wildflowers,
 seemingly not beaten down by constant raging, passing vehicles.

The breathtaking, surprising difference to our
mundane ordinary.

The midwest hue of green
unlike any we've seen before, really

Impossibly neat acres of corn,
hundreds of acres...
thousands?
Blowing by  windy interstate
following the ribbon of road
and
the red,
the classic red
and silver capped
  silos.
They stand like distant sentinels 

For time marches on.

We'll remember this only
when we reflect back.
Not a cross word
or
a tense moment.
Those seem to be evaporating already.

No surprise there.

No, those memories that glow....?
The vapors of moments
and
the layers of time?
Those will shine
 with the grace and the quiet and the togetherness 
that we feel right now.

I know they will. 


I'm happy to join the tribe of FMF writers at Kate's.
Please click over for some truly beautiful pieces of writing.....
and glimpses of hearts.
And learn more about the exciting new book project - - -
a compilation of FMF posts !
All the benefits will go towards two amazing ministries in South Africa.

Cotton Delight divider
 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Please click over to my  review and giveaway up for a
lovely new children's book!
Perfect for Easter!
Good luck!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


    
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris


Post dividers: Plumose Lane 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris, I love meeting fellow poets and mama adventurers! "Those vapors of moments and layers of time" is my favorite part. The name of your blog is fantastic too. I love how getting out our surroundings obliterates the tension. Thank you for sharing your surprise. Your FMF friend in spot #9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much for the lovely comment and for taking the time to stop over....

      I'll be clicking over to visit you asap.

      God bless

      Delete
  2. Chris, I am surprised at how you pulled this together in five minutes! I am so grateful at how the Lord erases the difficult, allowing our minds to dwell on the good.So glad He surprises us like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.