Saturday, April 9, 2016

IIIt's a Wrap! This Week in Our Homeschool and on the Blog { A to Z Blogging Challenge #HSMJ #WWU}


Brought to you by the letter << I >> and the A to Z Blogging Challenge....
our weekly wrap....
I really just don't get around to publishing 
a wrap up eeeeeeevery week.
But still, lots of fun, and usually gratifying, 
 to look back and see what's been accomplished
on the homeschool front and with the  family.
Here on the blog too.
So, last week, the blogosphere  saw the official beginning 
of the A to Z blogging challenge!
I've not missed a day and we're up to Day 9. Woohoo.
Yay, me.
Let's see how I'm doing by day 20 or so....hmmmmm
To take a peek at the bloggers joining in, click over here.
Lots of creativity, I'll tell ya!

Here are the  posts since the challenge began~~~~~

A don't miss for goofballs !







Taxi is just the tip of the iceberg!







So, yeah the A to Z challenge has been fun, motivating and
...well...........challenging!
I'm enthusiastic about  continuing the series, "pushing" my writing
and creativity limits...which some days seem  pretty drab and uninspired.
Who knew that just sitting every day with
 a letter as a prompt could get the writing flowing?
Even if it's not "good" writing...for my writing life,
 that better than zero writing.

Now, for the rest of our week....
and our 'extra curriculars': 
let's see, we're heavy on the programs at out local library:
A wildlife forensics class offered by an instructor from the DEC and 
a book discussion club.
Soccer began this week. A new league in a different town.
Less travel, friendly competition. All good.
My youngest is typically a defender or midfielder and 'he's been 
anticipating the season's start now for quite some time!
Violin study and lessons are moving along really well.
< Our violin resources are detailed here

On the homeschooling front, we've had  a huge focus on
L'etude du francais...la langue et la culture aussi.
I highly highly recommend this series.
It's thorough and repetitive ,
yet interesting and engaging.
The workbook contains solid reinforcement but the


 "Take home Tutor " CD rom focuses on necessary interactive  practice. 
Math sees a continuation in our prealgebra studies
And in English/ Literature, we're engaged in a  Ray Bradbury
author study. I think my favorite Bradbury story is The Veldt.


If this one slipped passed you, it's a must-read!
Also, lots of decluttering going on. Stumbled on this meme on social media --
have to share.....


Thanks for coming by for a peek at our week!
See you here soon....

Day 9 ~ I,  of the A to Z Challenge!
I'm writing off a picture/s or a thought/s for the month.....
Now real "theme," just a stream of consciousness.
Please visit tomorrow for J, day 10 !




Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers

 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


  
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris


Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers

5 comments:

  1. Nice to find your blog! I'm usually the recipient of those moms decluttering those toys lol I have been a childcare provider for over 20 years :)Look forward to more of your great ideas.
    Stephanie Finnell
    @randallbychance from
    Katy Trail Creations
    Stephanies Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you and thanks for visting Stephanie!! I'll definitely be clicking over to your sites now.

      God bless

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shecki~~ it's so easy too!

      God bless

      Delete
  3. This was a fun post to read through. More power to you - a letter a day! That could be pretty intense... almost like the 31 Day Writing Challenge in October. I hope this is as much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.