Monday, April 25, 2016

Votre guide pour le meilleur programme français { A to Z blogging challenge #5faves}

I'm kinda cheating for V and day 22 of the A to Z blogging challenge
by using another language......
( or am I ? hmmmmm ) 

But it "fits "and I'm loving our French resources lately...so why not? 
And for those of you who have not used your French since high school
(or maybe college)  days, yes you are correct....
this is your guide to the best French curriculum

Anyway........ my son is in 7th grade and has been 
dying to learn French for some time now.
We've done some vocabulaire francais here and there in the past,
but this school year, l'etude du frnacais became part of our
regular homeschool curriculum .

So here are the resources we're using.....
the main curriculum, the ancillary materials and some 
other goodies I've discovered along the way 
this year that have enhanced our study.

~ 1 ~
Discovering French Nouveu Bleu 1


Yes, it's definitely  textbook-y, which I know many
home schoolers eschew in favor of a more creative approach.
But I really like the systematic, 
repetitive-yet-not-monotonous plan offered by Nouveau Bleu.



~ 2 ~ 
In sync with the text is a wonderfully coordinated yet not
redundant workbook  which definitely extends the concepts
introduced in the text.......: 





~ 3 ~

We've been homeschooling 13 years now and
 I've tried many many many approaches and materials.
I'm not a huge fan of plopping my kids in front of the 
computer to practice their skills, regardless as to subject area.

BUT I can safely say that the Take Home Tutor  CD Rom
 is EXCELLENT and offers tons of videos  and  dialogue for learners
to listen, listen and listen.
It's not just an electronic workbook, though there are review activities
that are workbook- reminiscent.
Really a well put together and wonderful resource.



 ~ 4 ~
Quick references for vocabulary and grammar?
The bookmarks that  highlight and reference the program's essentials.


I'll be back tomorrow with a better picture of the bookmarks.
This is just the packaging....I can't seem to get a good picture now
so I'll try tomorrow in "natural light."



 ~ 5 ~
Good old fashioned 3 x 5 index cards to keep track of
vocabulary and grammar.
We've also been writing  conjugations on cards.....
there are a LOT of verbs, but practice and repetition
 makes the standard verb endings seem more second nature. 

We keep the cards boxed 


and in categories by part of speech, grammar rules and etc.....
using these separator tabs.





I'm happy to link with Ashley's weekly #5faves party
Please click over to peruse many bloggers' favorite "everything!"
It's  really a lot of fun!




Day  22 ~ V,  of the A to Z Challenge!
Please visit tomorrow for W, day 23 !





 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


  

You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a great collection of resources, and I loved how you cheated and used French!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! My middle son has been asking to learn French and I wasn't sure where to start. I know and remember some from high school but not enough to teach him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much!

      I have a feeling you'll find these very user friendly!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. My kids are English/German bilingual and love learning different languages. These look like great resources for learning French!

    I also did the A-Z Challenge... so glad it's over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann~~

      I hope some of these titles will be practical for you, then! And good for your kids....they really have a love of languages!

      Yes, I,too, am happy that the challenge is over!! It was fun, but a break is in order!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      xoxox

      Delete
  4. Saturday I ordered that textbook!! I am excited about it arriving! Now I will have to check out the workbook and CD! Thanks for reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I do hope you like the text!! I think you will find it user friendly!!

      Enjoy and thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  5. What a great resource for parents looking to teach their kids French. I'm pinning onto my languages board. Thanks so much for sharing this excellent resource!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for pinning, Lisa! I appreciate the kind words and your visit as well!!

      xoxox

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.