Friday, June 17, 2016

Footsteps ~ Paint & Poetry Father's Day Craft < Artful Friday >


             
 Father's Day is this weekend and if
you're looking for a quick, easy and meaningful gift 
with sentimental superpower, I've got you covered!

You need only items that are already around the house,
plus your kids and their FEET!
And you're all set~

Here's what we'll create for a super Father's Day gift: 


 <We made these projects for Father's Day 2008!
When I was perusing photos for a collage I'm making,
I thought this would be a fun craft to blog! >

 

Here we go~
So, for your Footprint poetry gift for 
dads and grandads, you'll need~

~ whatever color paint you'd like
~ thick paintbrushes
~ poster board
~ a copy of one of these two poems:

1. Choose and copy your poem: 
You can either move this copy of the poem,
"Walk with me Daddy,"
to your desktop to download and print:

...OR  older kids might like to copy the poem
in their "best" print or cursive....
so here it is:

 Walk With Me Daddy
Walk alongside me, daddy
and hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn
that I don’t yet understand.

Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school, at play.

Every child needs a gentle hand
to guide them as they grow.
So walk alongside me, daddy -
We have a long way to go.


 


Another lovely poem that works well with its beautiful,
heartfelt language  is "Footsteps:"
Again, if you'd like to print out the poem,
drag this to your desktop and then download and print:

............OR, your kids might like to write it out themselves.
So here's an easy to read version:

Footprints
"Walk a little slower daddy,"
said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you." 












                                    2.                              
 Once the poem is all set,  
attach it with glue/tape to a larger poster board.
We centered our poems on the poster, like so:


3.  Paint your kids' feet
and slowly and gently :

 4 Help them to 
"step on" the poster board, 
decorating around  the poem.

   wow I wish I had taken pictures, but I think my hands 
must have been  paint covered!
Would've been fun to look back at!

 5. When the paint dries, dress up your poster as you like!


Here's the other finished product:


I've mentioned in the past that I don't post pictures of my kids on the blog.....
but I make exceptions when the  shots are 8 years old and 
my kids don't look like this anymore ( ! )
Enjoy your fun, easy and super sentimental project!
 
I would LOVE to see pictures of the final effort!! 

 

For my previous "Artful Friday" posts, 
you might like to click below.....
They're all here if you'd like to dust off something from the archives:
                                             ( knitting, winter crafts, the theater and piano)






                                                             
                                                                   Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

~Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.