Friday, August 5, 2016

On the Road Again: Wyoming Sunset ~ "Happy" { #fmf 8/5/16 }

Joining the tribe of Five Minute Friday writers
for a piece in five minutes flat with a prompt of happy
...annnnnnd 5,4,3,2,1...begin~ 

Not all our travel memories are  sunshine and unicorns.
Let's be real.
 But there are glimmers of true happiness, real, well, joy in the remembering:
Rolling hills, jagged peaks, a stray deer staring curiously at passing cars.
Vast nothingness, yet fullness everywhere
Just everywhere.
Big sky bluer than any blue.
Boundless emerald fields greener than any green,
 sweeping to the distant peaks.....the ones that scrape heaven.
Those majestic purple craggy mountains.
Hay bales stacked in neat pyramids by roadside....
Creek noisily spills and races and glistens. 
Ranchhouse silently waiting for its residents to gather within.
Sun sets and day ends and memories made.

 
  

   < a couple of Wyoming shots~ summer 2011 >

                                                               

I'm happy to join the tribe of FMF writers at Kate's.
Please click over to Kate's for some truly beautiful pieces of writing.....
and glimpses of hearts.
This week, Kate has a few special events~
Go check out her giveaways.....such unique items ~!
And her announcement on the soon to be released FMF book!
ANd  can I tell you~ 
I'm SO honored to be included within its pages.....
                                                         
                                                                  Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


  

You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time,

                                 ~Chris

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady.
    The other day I tried to leave a message and couldn't. Don't know why.
    I'm happy to finally leave a message.
    BEAUTIFUL pictures.
    I always love your travel posts.
    Hugs & blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Em!! I appreicate your visits my friend.

      Delete
  2. Such beauty and love your poetic descriptions! I love "traveling" vicariously through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Tracy :)
      i do love sharing the journey and I appreciate that you stopped by Tra!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.