Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Thanks" < #write31days >





This month, I'm joining  Write 31
writing off of a one word prompt for 
five minutes per day, much like  #fmf .
I'm thrilled to take part and hope my writing 
improves and deepens, given 
a "forced" appointment with my blogger draft daily!
                                                                    So here goes, in five: 



Thanks

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; 
they are the charming gardeners 
who make our souls blossom.” 
— Marcel Proust


It's not that I'm a devote Proust reader or anything, but I do love this.
It's so true, no?
Definitely true.
But more than that, this Proust-ism
 combines the two things I love most:
One ~ my favorite people
with
Two ~ absolutely beautiful language 

How amazing is it that we all have access to the same
words in the same language and yet some of us are endowed with
the gift of  making these same words.....
 sing.....soar...... stun.....shine.
Those unrealized metaphors, those jaw dropping similes.
And the rest of us can, 
once in bright, but all too fleeting while, can,
but hardly, hardly often enough to be content?

And the people?  Our people?
Those charming gardeners.....
They light the flame of thankfulness for us.
The spark, the depth of gratefulness.
And nothing is more urgent, more essential,
than returning thanks to them


          Image result for home themed blog post dividers shabby blogs
                                              

The Five Minute Friday book is available! 
I'm privileged to have a story included  within~~


All profits from the book will be divided equally between 
two ministries in South Africa: 

So, grab the book, support essential ministries, enrich your life!
And join us for #FMF this Friday and every Friday!

          Image result for home themed blog post dividers shabby blogs

 Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just enter your email address here
so we can be in touch regularly!

Enter your email address:


You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time
  
 ~Chris

4 comments:

  1. I want to be the kind of person who makes others happy by building them up and encouraging them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Susan.

      Thanks for the kind words and encouragement

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THank you so much Hannah, for your kindness and for stopping over!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.