Friday, November 11, 2016

"Common" & Election Aftershock ~ { Five Minute Friday }


Joining Kate's  tribe of FMF writers for
a 5minute word promot and here goes......

This is the dignity of America, the reason she exists, 
the condition for her survival.

Words  my hero, Pope Saint John Paul II, spoke
to describe THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
as he departed our great nation in  1979.
His words are oh so true today. 
Remembering these words, gaining clarity, moving forward,
finding common ground 


My heart hurts  ---- so many express
 sadness/anger and the rest: exhilaration/ triumph.
So many are hurt and dealing
 with a sense of loss.
 I know that feeling bc that was me 
in the last two presidential elections

Many feel dejected and defeated and let down.
 Dealing with a sense of loss. 
I know that feeling..........
 that was me in 2008 and 2012......
 I STRONGLY 
supported the locing side.
But now?
There are no sides.
Just time.
Time to heal....
time to recognize that there's more common ground
than reason for rift.

Let is possess  that wisdom to know that my neighbor is in this with me,
That  my neighbor is to be loved,  genuinely and without reservation. 
Let us rememebr who is our true and Eternal Leader.





Blissful Harvest divider

                                                                  Friends, as always,  
thank you for stopping over and 
spending some of your precious time 
here at my home on the web!

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Until next time
  
 ~Chris
post dividers courtesy of Plumrose Lane

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, am happy with election results! ;) #prolife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, Susan. I'm not a huge fan of our president-elect, but I'm very against Hilary getting in...I agree, my friend, and for that reason, alone.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.