Friday, January 13, 2017

The Middle { Five Minute Friday & Seven Quick Takes }

I typically looooooove joining the FMF tribe of writers.
But it's been a long week and I'm kinda
"written out...." so when I saw Kate's prompt:
middle
...... "MIDDLE,"  I immediately thought of
THIS go-to fun, escapism and definitely to-be-shared marvelous-ness!
I decided to totally cheat this week.
<< I hope cheating's allowed......  >> 

So, while I'm not writing this weeks's FMF,
I am sharing The. Best. Comedy. Show.
At least I'm sticking with Kate's prompt and trying to do it in five minutes! 😉
Here goes~



You've seen it, right? If not, you will.....
We love it here.
Meet The Hecks, a middle-class family living in
the middle of the US,
<hilariously> facing the  day-to-day of home, work, and raising three kids. 

When the series starts out in season 1, Frankie, ( mom )
  initially is an under-performing salesperson at a used-car dealer
 and later, becomes  a dental assistant
Her stoic husband Mike manages a local quarry and
oldest son Axl, is a popular but unmotivated and cynical teenager.
Daughter Sue is an enthusiastic young teen, chronically unsuccessful and socially awkward. Youngest son, Brick,  is super smart, but  an introverted compulsive reader.
His somewhat  odd behavioral traits prove super hilarious.

THIS scene is one of our all-time favorites and kinda sums up the
priceless comedy of the series.
Enjoy:


And since I'm jumping in the #QT linky too,
here are seven great reasons to love The Middle:


The Middle: Season 1



The Middle: Season 2



The Middle: Season 3





The Middle: Season 4


The Middle: The Complete Fifth Season





The Middle: The Complete Sixth Season



The Middle: The Complete Seventh Season


And season 8 is currently on tv...
episodes can be streamed here though!
And since we're talking great TV,
you might like to check out my :
 7 Shows You Should be Watching this Year~


I'm happy to join my "Middle" post to Kate's  FMF  and
Kelly's Quick Takes link ups!
Please visit Kelly and Kate's homes on the web
 to peruse some awesome posts! 

Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 
Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Providence divider

This post contains amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon this Christmas season,
would you consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
a few pennies per dollar.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris

2 comments:

  1. I have read your blog a few times before and really have enjoyed it. However, now I LOVE your blog because The Middle is just the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your different take on the FMF prompt. I've never even heard of "The Middle" but I enjoyed the clip- I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.