Sunday, April 23, 2017

"That Love Which is Benevolent" ~ Divine Mercy Sunday < #AtoZbloggingchallenge >

"There is nothing more man needs than Divine Mercy - 
that love which is benevolent, which is compassionate, 
which raises man above his weakness 
to the infinite heights to the holiness of God."
~Pope Saint John Paul II
Leader of the Roman Catholic Church  1978 - 2005
Canonized 2014



You know I'm a huge fan of my JPII, affectionately known as Karol
around here, as my oldest son took our Holy Father's given name
 for his confirmation  three years ago...
and right around the time the former pontiff was canonized.......


...my post on celebrating confirmation is right here,
anyone who's planning and would like to peruse.

Well, what is Divine Mercy all about?

The Feast of Divine Mercy was granted by Pope John Paul II on the occasion of the canonization of Sr. Faustina on April  30, 2000. 
About Divine Mercy, our Holy Father stated, 
"Throughout the world the Second Sunday of Easter
 will receive the name Divine Mercy Sunday,
 a perennial invitation to the Christian world.
Whoever approaches the Fountain of Life on this day
 will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment." 

Sounds magnificent, doesn't it? 

More info on this divine feast can be found here
and
for those who'd like to actively celebrate this day
with the littles in craft and treats, there's
no better place to visit than my friend Tracy's blog
for all her amazing tips.
She'll take you step by step through her family's celebration!  
In fact, I have to steal one of her photos so you get a glimpse of
what's going on in Tracy's house right now....



You guys much get over there and visit her home on the web
for the inside scoop!

Amazing, right?


We were graced to be in our pontiff's presence a number of times.
Here, in America, twice.....once, in Rome.
Previously, I've written about our  JPII here:

And.....my story of being in the presence of our current pontiff in


    

Also, friends, if you are not Catholic and you'd like to learn more about
this beautiful Faith,
OR
if you are Catholic and have not been involved in the 
practice of the Faith but would like to come home,
there is nothing that would make our Lord happier!
Please do not hesitate to contact me~~ 
 I'll put you in touch with 
a priest who can assist you!



Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers


I'm happy to participate  in  the annual A to Z blog challenge!
T is for....."That Love Which is Benevolent" ~  Divine Mercy Sunday
Day 20 of the challenge!

And here are all of my  2016 A to Z  Blog Challenge posts~~ ~!


Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers

Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 


Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers
This post contains amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris

2 comments:

  1. I love this feast day, more than any other in the Church... which is odd, since I am probably "supposed" to love Easter more!

    Did you do the edible Divine Mercy rays? I can't bring myself to do that - so, the best my son got was discussing the image as it stood next to the altar today. 😂 But, since he is working on the words to the Chaplet, I'm not too concerned with him grasping the concept!

    Happy Feast of Mercy! And, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anni~
      Thank you so much for stopping by! We actually have never done the edible rays either.
      I do love Tracy's dessert that she creates each DM Sunday. It's beautiful and I'll bet the kids enjoy helping make it as well as eating!

      Good for your son! How exciting that he's at that point where he's learning and discovering the Faith!

      Hav a great day Anni!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.