Friday, May 12, 2017

Sacrament of Confirmation: Gift Guide for Confirmand & Sponsor


Sacramental time is upon us!
Those red robes of Confirmation and white dresses and veils
of First Holy Communion are popping up all over!
This week, my youngest received confirmation.
It was an absolutely wonderful day for so many reasons!
I'll be back with a glimpse soon.......
we're still riding the excitement!
In the meantime, I put together this gift list.
For my son and is sponsor, we ( and confirmand's older brother!)
purchased six of the seven gifts here.
They're perfect keepsakes of the day
and reasonable priced too.

Here goes....happy shopping!

                                 Holy Spirit Dove Cross Wood Beaded Rosary





My son's a rosary collector.
He's made a few, been gifted a few for special occasions...
we even have glow in the dark rosaries for camping trips!
But we felt he needed to have this special set with the
dove/ Holy Spirit cut out on the cross....perfect, no?






Keepsake box for rosaries, prayer cards!



A perfect gift is a biography of the saint whose name
is taken by the confirmand..... 
My son's favorite saint is St Dominic Savio.
We were thrilled to gift him
 the saint's highly acclaimed life story  
penned by his teacher, St John Bosco!





Beautiful keepsake of the confirmand's saint name!
Pictured here, the St Dominic Medal we bought our son.
Amazon has thousands of options!







He chose his aunt, who's also his godmother, as his sponsor
and she loved loved loved this pewter standing cross.
He wrote his own message on the back in sharpie too......
there's room enough for that if your confirmand wants to do the same.


God with silver, or vice versa:

 


I adore these pendants! Definitely bookmarking them as gift options
for the next confirmation we attend!!

 

The Cross in My Pocket


This is another beautiful cross in my pocket choice~ 





                                          

Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook or Bloglovinas well.....

Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers
This post may include amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris

I'm happy to participate  in Kelly's Quick Takes link up today!


6 comments:

  1. Such a great set of gift ideas!! (And, I was unaware that St. John Bosco was St. Dominic Savio's teacher...)

    I need to bookmark this for Confirmation someday... ๐Ÿค” Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you stopped by Anni and enjoyed perusing the list!!

      Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. The wood rosary is my favorite! I have a thing for wooden Rosaries. Love this list, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I do too, Sara!! There's something about them, more so than the crystal-beaded rosaries!!

      Thank you for your visit!!

      Delete
  3. That Rosary box is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it great Amy!?
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.