Friday, March 8, 2013

Artful Friday: Strings (For the Beginner)

Good morning!

I hope all is well with you, friends......


As you know, I've been devoting my Friday blogging to The Arts in our homeschool.  Here are a few recent "Artful Friday" posts complied in one spot, in case there is anything from the past  that interests you:

Everything You Need for a  Cezanne Study

The Arts in Our Homeschool This Week
 ( knitting, winter crafts, the theater and piano)

 Lenten, Valentine and Papal Crafts

( Not an "Atful Friday" post, but you will find some creative links to papal studies here. )

Mercy Crosses, Lenten wreaths, Rosary Making, Music Lessons

Strings, Keys, Sketches

So this week, the boys finished their battles against  viruses and took up the fight against the  good old common cold. We began a study of Georgia O'Keefe, but because of the bugs that gripped our house, we were unable to really dig deeply into the 'workshop nature' that our artist and author studies take on.  Hopefully the rhythm of our homeschool days will resume next week and  we'll revisit this amazing 20th century artist. I plan to compile  our resources  in an "Everything You Need For a Study of Georgia O'Keefe" post!

But I do have several other resources to share, albeit abbreviated! The boys did continue sporadically with  violin, as well as just spending time with their instruments for the sheer fun of it. So here goes~

Strings:
Now if your  kids have been studying violin for any length of time, this will not be of interest to you. If they're newbies, you may find it super helpful:

I found this colorful, wonderful chart at our local music store and taped it onto the boys' music stands:



 It seems clear, concise and free of "diagram clutter," right?  You can also click here and look into  similar charts on amazon. 

Because my older son  missed his weekly lesson, which was only their second one, the instructor allowed my younger son to record it on MP3!  How helpful this was !  

They've just been having a ball "finding" songs in the strings and getting a feel for the music, too.  I include several (basic) violin and piano resources in this post, if you are looking for some other ideas.

Well, friends, thank you so much for stopping in to my corner of the web on this Friday! It is continuing to snow heavily here. It's all quite lovely and can I tell you how thrilled I am that we don't need to worry about school delays!

Have a wonderful weekend, full of happiness. And  relaxation, if possible....!




Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 
Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....

Image result for new york city themed blog post dividers
This post contains amazon affiliate links....
If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,

~Chris






4 comments:

  1. We are battling colds here, too. :-( And what a surprise to wake up to snow when they called for only flurries. I just am wishing that it will be enough for them to play in. We haven't had one really significant snowfall all winter, just little nuisance ones. I love everything you do in your homeschool! Have a great weekend, friend! God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment, Lisa! Yeah, the snow is gorgeous..!
      Thanks for the compliment; right back at you too, friend...

      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing more wonderful ideas! We had colds last week. Thankfully everyone is feeling better now.
    We studied Georgia O'Keeffe last fall. You can check out what we did.
    http://mountainofgracehomeschooling.blogspot.com/2013/01/georgia-o-unit-study_9.html

    Hope you all feel better soon!
    God Bless, Monique

    Thanks for the link to the finger placement charts. I have been meaning to find one for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monique
      Thx for stopping over again...I am def heading over toyour post on Georgia now!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.